Oc issues

THINGS WRONG WITH THE WALKING DEAD FANFICS
OC issues

I know 100% that somebody is going to get pissed in this chapter, so if that someone is you, then go ahead. No, really. I'm ready with a shotgun and bible.

Anyways, there's this whole controversy between white OCS, and POC OCS, and I wanna explain a few things real quick, that everyone needs to take note of. Forget what I've said before because I'm editing everything, and just think about this;

WHITE OCS
If you have a white OC, then that's fine. There's nothing wrong with having an OC with white skin. Unless your OC is being racist and it's not part of their character, and it's just an excuse for racism, then there's no reason to bash. I mean, there's no reason so bash on white OCs anyway, but whatever.

POC OCS
If you have a POC OC, then that's great. Like, really, that's really good. And it's good representation. But if you're having a POC OC, make sure you're doing it because you want to. I've seen so many books and people saying stuff like, "oh, well all my OCs are POC." Like, do you want a medal. You should have POC OCs because you want to, not because you'll get more praise. POC are not a token you can use to get popularity, you know?

I think it's mainly the internet that's brainwashing everyone to think that POC are better than white people, and gay people are better than straight people, and women are better than men. We're all equal.

Your OCs are your OCS for a reason. Yes, it's nice to have more representation for the minorities, or smaller communities. But if the only reason you're having a gay OC, or a POC OC is to brag about it, then you need to seriously reconsider your motives

Sorry, this has just really been bothering me. Lotta love,

~ Aimee x