23

“ Demon Lord? King of the Netherworld? So this picture just got a lot more complicated. So what if the top of the Demon hierarchy is involved? I made a promise which I intend to keep, Demon Lord or no Demon Lord, Lord Shiva must answer to me.”, Kaito clenched his fists forgetting he was holding the neck of the Demon.

With a pained cry the Demon's neck was snapped in half just like that. Kaito sighted as he ignited just his Storm flame and burned the body to ashes. Kaito drew his swords from their sheath as he spread his lightning flames across their blades.

He went on a killing spree as he harvested the lives of these Demons without a hint of hesitation. When he was done his white attire was dyed red with demonic blood. He resembled a Demon as he stood there.

There was one survivor remaining. Kaito moved towards him as he backed away, “ You monster don't come any closer!”
“ A Demon calling a child a Monster? Hahahah. You are so funny. Hahaha.”, Kaito laughed.

Kaito stopped moving as he suddenly appeared behind the Demon with his sword against his neck.

He said in an ice freezing voice, “ Get the word out that Kaito the Demon hunter will kill all Demon followers of Lord Shiva until he faces me. If you don't I will erase you and your entire family. Now go!”

The Demon didn't think twice and disappeared without a trace leaving Kaito behind.

“ I am a Monster now eh? He was right. I am indeed a Monster, but this monster now as a purpose to fulfill. I am not so bored of life now. Hahaha.”, Kaito made a portal of night flames as he stepped through and disappeared.

Cielo stood at the door of his new apartment. He got rid of the blood and Kaito's clothing before he came back here. It was now 6pm around dinner time. Cielo rang the doorbell and Bianchi came to answer the door.

“ Good evening and welcome back Cielo kun.”, Bianchi greeted him politely but not too formally just like he instructed her in the morning before leaving. Cielo nodded, “ How are you and Madam Luce doing?”

“ We are doing great, especially Madam Luce who is waiting for you in the Living room. I was just about to serve dinner.”, Bianchi made way for him to come inside. Cielo took off his shoes and changed into another one before going to greet Luce.

“ Good day to you Madam Luce. I trust that Today wasn't lonely due to the lost of your protectors and staff.”, Cielo said sitting next to her in the coach. He lit up his index finger with Sun flames and placed it on her forehead.

He gently fed her his flames. The fatigue she had accumulated during the day left her. She smiled at his gesture.

“ It's lovely to see you too Cielo Kun. Did you get anywhere today in your mission?”, Luce was really concerned for him.

She knew meddling in affairs of the Demons was not something a ten year old should be doing but she had no way of talking him out of it currently. She knew he felt unspeakable guilt for the lost of the lives in the Mansion so this suicide mission of his was a way for him to do something instead of sitting still.

She slowly reached out a hand wanting to place it in his hair but hesitated remembering his cold personality. Much to her shock he took her hand and placed it on top of his head acting on his own free will. She smiled as she ruffled his soft hair.

“ I told my daughter after the destruction of the Mansion I am at a safe house with a very capable Protector so they shouldn't worry about me.”, Luce smiled. Cielo nodded.

“ Madam Luce, Cielo Kun, dinner is ready!”, Bianchi called.
“ Let's go Cielo Kun.”, Luce said. Cielo nodded once again.