52

The three days were up. It was now Thursday, the day of the duel between Gokudera Hayato and Sawada Leymitsu finally arrived. The duel was set to take place after school. Everyone could hardly wait.

The day went by at a snails pace. It was Lunch time and Cielo did not go the cafeteria as usual, but headed for his usual spot the roof.

He was approaching a sharp turn in a quiet corridor when his sharp hearing picked up something. He leaned against the wall and concealed his presence in the shadows.

" Are you sure that's a good idea?", a unknown voice asked.
" It's not like we could disagree when he is the Vongola heir. When he becomes king we would be doom if we don't do as he says.", another voice replied.

" What are you guys complaining about? It's three of us against the Gokudera kid. Leymitsu ordered us to stall him when it's time for the match. That way he can win by default.", a third voice interjected.

" But why would he want to win by underhanded means? Reborn San stated that this is a match with high stakes for both side. If Gokudera wins then he has no choice but to serve as Leymitsu's Storm guardian. And if Leymitsu looses he will be challenged by others for his position."

" I guess he can't afford to have his position jeopardize. He fears Gokudera's pure flames and excellent control. He is a coward. I wouldn't want to serve a king like that.", the first person said.

" A job is a job. Remember we meet here as the bell signal the end of school. He will pass here to reach the Academy's Arena. That is when we strike.", the second one said. " Ok." , the three agreed and left.

Cielo caught a glimpse of their faces and the information on their IDs as they passed right by him. They were all seventeen and students of the Academy. One was a rain flame user, the other a lightning flame user, and the last one was a storm flame user.

Cielo went to the roof and had his homemade lunch. He attended classes like he hadn't overheard the three's plan to indirectly sabotage the duel between Gokudera and Leymitsu.

The moment school ended he disappeared without anyone noticing. Outside the classroom he changed his appearance into Gokudera and went to the corridor where the three students were waiting.

They were there waiting for him.
" Hey you wait right there!", one said as the three surrounded him. They lunged at him all at the same time with their flames ignited. What they hit was an after image as the real Cielo turned up behind them.

" Were you imbeciles addressing me?", Cielo smirked. He knocked them out with his rain flames and tied them up with ropes he had in his storage space. He threw them into a broom closet near by and changed back into his true appearance as he made his way to the Arena.

The Arena was packed with the Students of the Academy and Majority of the teachers and a few other staff members. The stage was lit up and looked like it could take plenty of damage before it was destroyed.

Cielo's classmates were in the crowd as well as he himself. He was in a discreet corner where he could watch without others near him.