83

No matter how his appearance and personality changed, his true identity will always remain the same. He had to live with his sins, a betrayal, very awful memories, dark secrets, and a plaguing sense of guilt.

Most importantly a heart that does not feel emotions like an ordinary human, all he felt was hatred, anger, and guilt. Hatred and anger for many people and reasons, but directed mostly at his family, especially his brother. Guilt for what he had done to ruin the lives of the innocent.

“ Am I someone worthy of the thing they call love? What even is love? Madam Luce said she loved me but did I love her in return? I let her die in the end.

“ No I am not someone that deserves to be loved. I am incapable of feeling it, it doesn't matter. Nothing that considers me matters. I just need to care less about myself and even lesser about others and this world.”, and just like that the ice prince who had been so close to feeling despair became indifferent once more.

He went down to the dining room and found that everyone was waiting for him. He took his place and after everyone gave thanks for the meal they digged in. Bianchi who cooked the meal was given compliments.

They had a light conversation during the meal with everyone introducing themselves. When the meal came close to it's end Cielo placed his chopsticks down and clapped once to get everyone's attention.

He opened his dimensional space and took out five keys, five golden cards, and five silver bracelets with names engraved on them. He gave a key, a card, and a bracelet to Mukuro, Chrome, Lambo, Futta, and Bianchi.

“ These are all for you. Everyone else has received one. The key is for the mansion, the cards give you access to your bank accounts each containing ten billion dollars and will automatically fill back up when you spend everything.

“ The money is for your personal use to provide you with anything you could possibly need. The bracelets contain something made specifically for you. Futta's have an additional function to store his ranking book in.

“ There are three rules to this Mansion. One, stay your distance away from me. Two, do not ask me personal questions. Three, you are not allowed to bring anyone else here without my permission. Any questions so far? ”, Cielo questioned at the end.

Mukuro was the only one who raised his hand, “ I must say Cielo, you haven't changed. Forgive me for being so blunt, but I can't see how you kept up the act until these many years. Isn't it exhausting?”

“ I don't go around telling people that I was sold to a lab that experimented on children, Mukuro. I am sure you don't tell others that the reason why you destroyed the bases of the Estraneo famiglia these past eight years was that they also experimented on your little group.

“ My personality is not an act, Mukuro Rukudo, it's the end result of seeing how humans treat their own kinds, and it utterly disgusts me.”, Cielo stated looking indifferent as he said so.

All the eating and noise stopped, and those who were drinking spat their beverages out or choked on it. This new information sink into the minds of all those who were hearing it for the first time. The table became absolutely quite, the previous lively atmosphere was nowhere to be found.