𝟎𝟏𝟑; ᴛʜᴇ sᴏʀᴛɪɴɢ

PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL leads everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with thousands of students, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione said.

"Definitely a, Ravenclaw." Evan said.

"No more of a Gryffindor, to me." Regulus said.

"Really want to make a bet?" Barty raised a brow.

"5 galleons." Regulus smirked.

McGonagall leads the first-years to the front where the Sorting Hat lies on the stool.

"Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

Dumbledore rises from the main table.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch-"

The screen shows shows a ragged old man, called Mr. Argus Filch, with his cat with red eyes, called Mrs. Norris.

"-has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He sits back down.

"Really impending death?" Ophiuchus whispered to Daphne, as they both shared the same deadpanned experience.

"Dumbledore must have gone senile." Walburga said. "Hasn't he always been?" Orion whispered.

When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses."

"Hermione Granger."

"Oh, no. Okay, relax." She goes up.

"Mental that one, I'm telling you." Ron whispered to Ophelia, who nods in agreement.

Hermione sits on the stool and McGonagall places the sorting hat on her head.

"Ah, right then... hmm... right... Okay... Gryffindor!!" The hat screamed. The students cheer, Hermione jumps off with a smile.

Evan and Bart groaned as they gave Regulus each their galleons.

"Draco Malfoy."

Draco saunters up proudly. The tattered hat nearly freaks before touching down on Draco's head.

"Definitely Lucy's spawn." Lucius just glared at Rabastan who was grinning.

"SLYTHERIN."

The students cheer, not as loudly.

"Probably sorted him fast because that hat didn't want to be near his over gelled hair." Daphne whispered getting a chuckle from Ophiuchus.

"PFFFFT AHAHAHAHA!" The hall burst out.

Narcissa tried to hide a laugh, while Lucius just looked straight up offended.

"There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin." Ophiuchus heard that and rolled his eyes.

'You know Merlin? He is a Slytherin. Don't get me started on, the fact you are directly related to Cedrella Weasly Née Black and Lucretia Prewett Née Black. Both are your grandmother on both sides.' Ophiuchus scoffed under his breath.