2

"Why would I do that Rob?" I asked as we walked through her house door. Beyoncé was the topic and I seemed to be the bad guy here. Not getting why, I looked at her funny. I don't ask her to bother me every time she sees me, she just does.

"She's my best friend too Nic and I want you guys to get along. That's why I finally made y'all meet in person."

"Well I don't think that I should be the one playing nice. I could've been cool with the girl but she called me a bitch the first day we met."

I had my hands on my hips with the rolling of my neck. It's upsetting me because I thought I was doing just fine at first. Calling a woman out of her name isn't the way to go. Yea she's a woman too which is why she should understand. But she doesn't care, because all she wants to do is fuck me.

A one night stand would be perfect with her but I don't think she's worth that. I like her, she's cute. But the way she acts is so ugly. Disrespectful and ungrateful. I'll be damned if she treats me like some good nut.

"I'm just asking if you could be the bigger person Onika. She's gonna get the same speech later. I promise you."

"Whatever Robyn. You know i'm okay with being nice but if I don't get the same energy back then it's dead." I spoke softly because I know that Robyn is sensitive. If I sound upset with her she'll think I am. Then we're sitting in the bed because she's sad and thinks i'm mad. She's like an annoying baby sister.

Dropping the conversation and doing what we came here to do, I washed my hands. Today is her mothers birthday and we're cooking; her request. She says we make the best meals when we're in the kitchen together. Something about her feeling the love of friendship.

I love Robyn's mom. If it weren't for her then I would be stuck in the islands with nothing. She brought me here when she came. Helped me with everything I needed to be welcomed here. My family came years after me and are happily stable. They just stay so far away from me. Today will be the first time I see them in three months. I miss them dearly.

Rihanna started with the vegetables while I seasoned the meat. It has to sit for a few hours so this has to be done. Our families will shit bricks if they don't have any meat presented to them. That's really all they care about.

We cooked for so long until it was all done. Leaving it on low to keep the hot temperature. Her boyfriend was here so he would keep an eye on the food. She wants to go somewhere. I don't know specifically where because she won't tell me.

"Cmere." Chris called her over. He yanked her throat and kissed her, gripping her butt forcefully. That's so ugly to me, I hate that. It's different when it's done out of pleasure, but he seems to do it because he knows that he has some power over her. And she's blind to it all. "Be back ight?"

"Ok...I love you."

"Aight see you later."

Bitch?

She walked towards the door and I had a dumbfounded look on my face. That's so embarrassing. My friend deserves so much better. I've said something several times but she doesn't care. Just dismisses it or tells me to leave it alone. Robyn know i'm not the one to play with. If he's hitting her, all hell will break loose.

"Ready?"

"Behind you." I gestured.

We went to her car quietly, I could tell she was reading my mind. No way she wasn't.

"I don't like that Robyn."

"I know Onika. You make that known every time."

"Who wouldn't? As your best friend I have the right to point out something I don't like. Especially when it's a nigga that doesn't even say he loves you back when you express it."