72

Im so tired

Im so tired.

This case is killing me. Some people do dumb shit and then wanna play innocent. And Ms.Hicks always chose me, knowing I can come up with something. Little does she know, I stress so damn hard to even come up with something. Staying up all night, avoiding my kids and frustrating Bey. She gets so mad at me when I do that. It hurts my feelings but it's my job.

"Onika go get in bed."

I lifted my head from the counter and put my hands over my face. This is when the argument starts. Her job isn't as hard because she has people working for her. Only time she goes to work is when she's called. That's rarely. And i'm proud of her for that, real deal multiple business owner. But I want her to understand that I can't do what she does. I have to move when i'm told.

"I'm almost done." I flipped a page and read over my report. All i'm doing now is making sure it's perfect. Then i'm really finished and ready for the court day. Which is next month. "Just give me twenty minutes."

"Onika....it's 6am the next day."

"No it's not." I picked up my phone and my eyes budged. It's 6am the next day. My phone has so many missed messages and calls. When i'm working I put it on DND so I didn't hear nor see any of these. "How long did I sleep right here?"

"I don't know, I just woke up."

"She's been sleep for two hours." Robyn came around the corner and I frowned. When the hell did she even get here? "You're working on a case about something that happened to you. That's why you're so upset about it?"

"How you know that?"

"You were sleep, I snooped. Simple."

"Mm. Don't do that. But yes, you're correct. I'm upset because I have to defend the person in the wrong. I don't wanna do this shit." I covered my face and sighed heavily. I'm done now so there's no going back anymore.

"What is it?"

"It's-"

"Nothing." I grabbed the papers and put them in the folder before the briefcase. I'm done. Don't want to look at again until it's time to present it. But I still have to go to the office tomorrow to do some signing and all that. The client is coming to meet with me later today. So I have to go today as well. Unfortunately.

Hopefully it goes well because I feel sick to my stomach even defending him. Im hoping we lose so that little girl won't feel hurt or in pain because such a bad person got freedom. He doesn't deserve it.

"Since when do you not share your work with me?"

I glared at Bey and stood up. I'm not doing this with her again. She did the same thing with Trey and it led to more than it should've. This has nothing to do with me nor her so I don't have to tell her anything. I'm not.

Yea it reminds me of Trey and I, but that's an even bigger reason as to why I don't want to explain it. Or share for that matter.

I walked past them both and went upstairs. It's too early for that shit and i'm about to go to sleep. Gisé and Vontaè were both in the bed so I laid beside them. It's like the felt me because they both got close to me. Gisé was on Vontaè's back now and I moved them. Just so she wouldn't be on him.