21: Voices Rise

Wally slipped a different disc into the player before the DJ even saw him.

Somehow the technology was similar enough for it to work.

[Shine--One of my favorite RWBY songs.]

The DJ assumed that there had just been a different track on the disc to appeal to the younger guests and let it play.

Some of the older people shot him weird looks but must have thought the same thing. No one came up to stop it.

Team JNPR looked up.

"Wait, that's our song!" Nora cried, tugging Ren's arm so that he almost dropped his drink. [Subtle reference to the episode.]

"I love this song," Pyrrha said. "Wow...what a strange coincidence."

"We should do the dance," Nora said, starting to move.

[Because you couldn't remember it either.] 

[Unless you were one of the people who learned it for kicks--in which case, respect.]

"At least I'm not wearing a dress this time," Jaune said.

Even Yang laughed at that.

"Talking about that makes me kind of miss Sun," Blake said, a bit sadly. [Me too, Blake, me too. Especially his abs... Just kidding. I just put that in to make my sisters cringe. Gotcha.]

"Come on, Jaune, dance!" Nora said, tugging Ren.

"Nora, we're supposed to be working right now!" Ren argued. "This is not the time."

Pyrrha noticed Shine leaving the room. "Huh, I wonder what...?"

"Hey." Some guy about their age with blueish-grey hair suddenly came sliding up. "Aren't you Pyrrha Nikos?"

"Uh...yes..." Pyrrha suddenly wondered if coming to this had been such a good idea. No one had said anything, but weren't people who knew her bound to be here?

"Right on," the guy said. "I thought you'd disappeared off the map. But you were invited to this. Sweet."

He held out a hand. "Name's Marigold, Henry Marigold."

"Oh...hello," Pyrrha said. This was making her nervous... Was anyone else going to recognize her?

Normally, she wouldn't care, but suddenly she began to wonder--if Salem had spies in the city, were they here? [She's not that far off, huh?]

What if they saw her?

Cinder was gone, right...? There was no reason to be worried about her, but...there was the idea of the Maiden powers and...her being a target.

Pyrrha had never in her life experienced any form of PTSD, so she didn't notice her heart rate was picking up and she was starting to perspire.

"Funny how this election turned around, huh?" Henry wasn't really being a jerk, but he did seem pretty oblivious to the fact that Pyrrha was starting to look around like a cornered mouse.