109: Towards the Sun

Cinder came to her senses and found herself in one of the same nullifying tanks that Raven had been kept in--having no idea where she was or how she got there.

She struggled to break the glass--and found her magic had no effect on it, nor did her Semblance.

"Where is this?" she yelled. "I demand to know!"

"At least Raven was more dignified." Victoria stepped into view, holding one of her remotes.

"Who...are you?" Cinder drew a complete blank.

"How rude of me," Victoria said. "Not properly introducing myself after abducting someone. Hmm...you can call me Eekil."

Cinder frowned at her, then rubbed her head.

"Mercury..." she muttered. "What have you done to me?"

"You'll find you can't escape that." Victoria tapped the glass right in front of her, as if taunting her. "Magic proof. Aura proof. And it's not easy to break with brute force either. You just better give up now."

"No!" Cinder tried yet again, a storm gathering inside the tank.

This yielded the same results as before, only Victoria also laughed at her

Cinder--who was a coward at heart--began to be afraid.

"Who are you?..." she said in a different tone.

"Cinder Fall." Victoria held up some papers. "You used to work as a maid, right? Didn't have a last name. I guess Raven was right--you did pick it yourself. It's hard to get dirt on people like you. That's why I always say not to underestimate nobodies. But you were suspected in the murder of a higher class family... A little psycho, aren't you?"

[She should talk.]

"What did you want from me?" Cinder asked nervously.

"Only your power," Victoria said distastefully. "I don't work with the likes of you. I've stooped far enough already for this project. [You don't say?] Now, I don't really consider you a human being, with that appendage of yours, but I'm contractually obligated to inform you that most of what I'm about to do to you is not harmful. Anything that is, consider it repayment for Beacon, Atlas, and Haven."

Cinder frowned at her.

"And don't worry about being lonely," Victoria said. "You're going to have some company real soon. Not that you'll enjoy it."

"Company? Who else?" Cinder could only assume she was after more of Salem's forces.

"You'll know it," Victoria said. "I intend to get all the Maiden powers if I can...and I want you to have to watch while what you've worked so hard for slips away."

She leaned in a little and gave Cinder a look that scared even that witch.

"I want you to fully know what it's like to get what you care for ripped away from you, and only then are we going to put you out of your misery. No one will miss you."

Cinder glared at her and made a sound of anger. "I'll kill you!"

Impervious to that, Victoria flipped some dial.

A feeling like fire and pebbles pelted all over Cinder for a few seconds.

She gasped.

Victoria turned the dial off. "I don't really like to inflict injury on people, but in your case it's a public service," she said. "None of your lip. You can make this easy or hard on yourself, Fall, but either way, I will get what I want. Now, let's see how that arm of yours works."