157: Unafraid

Weiss and Meridian were still talking when something changed above.

The dark Grimm sheen overhead suddenly shimmered like a tv screen, and images appeared over it.

It was just like one of the Seers.

Weiss had seen it before, but not many other people even in the team had, and the ones in the house didn't even realize what had happened. They heard a voice that was projected like it was from a megaphone.

Salem's face appeared, like she was looking right into a camera.

"What in the mother of  Grimm is that?" Meridian asked.

"The mother of Grimm..." Weiss had gone paler than usual.

"Ah, the kingdom of Mistral," Salem spoke, while people were screaming--but they stopped to hear. "I hope you're enjoying my...display."

"Who is that?" Weiss heard people yelling.

"Maybe it's the witch that girl mentioned in her broadcast."

"I thought that was a prank!"

"Quiet!"

"I suppose you've been wondering what the reason for all these unfortunate plagues has been," Salem went on, unruffled. "The answer is simple: You're harboring some friends of mine. No doubt you'll have seen a team of rogue hunstmen and other eccentric characters, commonly known as teams RWBY and JNPR."

People muttered because they knew the names.

"They're being led by Atlas former Lieutenant Winter Schnee and the hunstmen Qrow Branwen, as well as the Bandit Raven Branwen, and the Headmaster of Vacuo's Shade
Academy," Salem went on. "They've got something that I want. Turn them over, and I will lift the plagues off Mistral and allow you to live. Choose to harbor them against all reason and sanity, and these attacks will get worse until there is nothing left."

She almost purred the last part, considering it was such a threat.

Weiss swallowed.

"Is that her?" Meridian asked. "The big, scary person you're fighting? Big is the right word."

"She did this before...with Ironwood," Weiss said. "And then he went off his rocker."

Not that they hadn't helped with that.

"Is she life-sized?" Meridian asked.

"No, no, she's the size of a human," Weiss said. "That's just a projection."

"Oh, well, she's bit of a showboat, ain't she?" Meridian scoffed.

"Why aren't you taking this seriously? She's threatening them to turn us in!" Weiss hissed.

"I noticed," Meridian said. "Eh, I wonder if she can see us."

Suddenly he ran to a drainage pipe and shimmied up it--you could sort of see now. Salem's background was emitting an eerie red light with it.

Weiss frantically ran after him to stop him, but he was faster, and she had to vault herself onto the roof with a glyph to catch up.

"You have 3 hours," Salem added. "If you thought the fall of Atlas was spectacular, wait till you see what I have in store for Mistral. If you decide to hand them over, just put them through the wall, and no harm will come to the rest of you."

She looked down.

"Hello, Weiss."

Weiss felt her blood run cold. Salem could see her? She guessed the roof was more exposed, but they must look so tiny.

RWBY Through WorldsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara