32: Never Break Me

[AMV by Thus Kindly She Scatters, "Achilles Come Down". It's fitting because Pyrrha is Achilles, if you don't know the lore.]

Pyrrha was sitting on the stairs in the front end of the mansion, staring at her scroll.

The others were sitting together in the sitting room, not sure how to process what happened.

Whitley was off, helping Klein perhaps.

Pyrrha was almost hoping against hope that the others would still show up...but the longer it took, the less she thought so. Surely they'd have shown up by now if...

She hugged her sides. What...what were they going to do then?

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

Pyrrha wondered, was it Winter? The Ace Ops? Had they found them...or...Cinder?

Picking up her sword, she went to the door warily and opened it.

Yang was the one who'd knocked on it. The others were all standing there, except Oscar who was still being carried.

Pyrrha stared at them for a second.

Emerald gave a yelp of shock.

"Hey, Pyrrha--" Jaune began, before she tackled him.

The others had to step back.

"You're alive!" Pyrrha forgot to be gentle and almost sent them falling down the steps. She hugged Jaune. "We saw... There was--there was an explosion. We thought--"

"Oh...we should have called," Shine said.

"We couldn't get a good signal in the tunnel," Ren explained. "So we thought we'd just wait, since we were going to come here anyway, but...I guess we should have just stepped outside and called."

"Ren!" Pyrrha yanked him in also.

Oscar smiled. "You're okay too."

Pyrrha got off Jaune and reached out. "Oscar--" Then she pulled back. "Oh my lands...what happened to you? You look..." 

"Yeah, I know," Oscar said. "But I'm okay, really."

"Thank goodness." Pyrrha patted his head instead of hugging him. "I was so worried...about all of you."

She turned and then slugged Jaune in the arm, just as he was getting up. "What were you thinking, scaring us all like that?! You didn't even call us!"

"The Ass Ops wouldn't let us," Yang said, "or we could have. Sorry. Where's Ruby?"

"YANG?" Ruby came flying out the door--then stopped and glared at Emerald. "What is she doing here? And..." She stared up at Hazel.

"They're okay," Oscar said. "Hazel, you can put me down now."

Hazel dropped him.

"Ouch!" Oscar's adrenaline rush was gone.

"Hey! Watch it," Shine said. "Can we get Oscar inside before you start grilling us? These two are fine for now."

"There'd better be a good explanation for this." Weiss was coming out. "You had us worried sick!" She hugged Yang.

"Where's Nora?" Ren thought she'd have broken his legs by now.

"Oh..." Ruby and Weiss looked upset there.