120: Lose it All

Before Vara had fried the lightboard, Victoria had been in quite the hurry to finish with Cinder.

She had made some adjustments to the cage, and Cinder's Grimm arm was already in one of the clamps when the process started.

Cinder screamed like she was being murdered.

Shine got up and began to bang on the walls of her tank. She was saying something, but Victoria couldn't hear her over the noise.

Wally and Ruby, waiting for their time, heard this.

"I think that's the signal," Wally said.

"Right." Ruby swung her scythe into the door and knocked it off its hinges.

"Hey, not too bad, kid," Wally said.

"Hello?!" They heard muffled yelling.

Wally went up to the room, then he vibrated the door right off its hinges.

Watts appeared, looking at him angrily.

"You?" 

"Hi..." Wally said. "I guess you set this up?"

"I--" Watts began.

Wally punched him, and he fell on his rear end.

Wally frowned. "That was for Shine, Ruby, and the other ladies," he said.

"Who is that?" Ruby covered her ears.

"Probably Cinder," Watts said, getting up and straightening his collar. "Victoria is going to kill her."

"And you're just letting her?" Wally said.

"She left me to die!" Watts said.

"Well, you could be better than that." Wally didn't even miss a beat. "Let's go stop this."

"Right..." Ruby said. "Uh...but should we really?"

"Ruby!" Wally sounded shocked.

"I'm sorry, but she's tried to kill us so many times, saving her isn't what I want to do," Ruby said.

"Well, it's what I'm going to do," Wally said.

[Did he just quote the Wonder Woman movie?]

He dashed away.

Ruby and Watts looked at each other like they were having a singular moment of mutual understanding.

"Mr. West is better than us," Ruby said. "He cares about even his enemies."

"I only care about myself," Watts said.

"I wish I was more like that," Ruby said.

"I think it's foolish," Watts said.

"I could start by at least helping him," Ruby said. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

"An inspired idea, perhaps, in this instance." Watts rubbed his chin. "You're all going to get out anyway..."

Ruby didn't understand Watts, so she ran off instead.

Wally got there in time to knock Victoria over before she moved on to phase two.

Cinder's arm was sizzling and shriveling up.

Victoria grunted. "West? What are you doing out?"

"I'll take this." Wally grabbed the controller before she could press anything.

"Perfect timing, babe," Shine called. "I knew you would."

"Want help?" Wally asked her.

"No, don't worry about me. Turn that tank off," Shine said. "I saw her move that long lever at the top, to the far left."