141: Not Worth My Soul

The Frog-Toad army-knot finally died out by the afternoon. [Army is the name for a group of frogs. Knot is for toads.]

Overall, it could have been worse.

They had to board up the broken window, and there were acid stains all over the house, and the rest of the town, but very little actual damage, and very few casualties.

Shine called a team meeting once they were all back inside, and said that they had better not wait any longer to enact at least part of their plan.

She sent Qrow, Raven, and Weiss to Haven Academy straight away to put the sword in that vault.

They covered for this to Cinder by saying they had business with the school, which was believable enough.

Cinder wanted to leave Mistral at once. And honestly, the others were starting to agree with her.

"I think it would be best if we did," Shine said. "Wally and I can take her, but we will need Ozpin...I think."

"You think?" Wally said.

"Well, there is one possibility that I hadn't been sure of trying," Shine said. "But since I found the grimm pond--though it was disgusting-- there is a chance I could find the relic vault myself. It would sort of be like ruling out whatever I can't see clearly till we find the right spot.  Could take hours, but it's not unlikely that it would work."

"So you're doing it without Ozpin?" Hazel said.

"Ozpin is not in charge, Hazel," Shine said. "For now, I am, because Winter is not here, and neither is Oscar. Qrow will agree I think. We must keep moving. Cinder, I think we could boost yours the same way Raven did with herself, that should give you enough control to get the relic out. If that's agreeable to you, we could leave even tonight."

"As long as it works, I don't care," Cinder said.

In fact she considered her chances much better with the group split up like this, it was perfect.

"Are you going to just let her take the relic," Hazel frowned at Shine and Wally. "Is that why you want to go off with so few people? It hurts your magic, doesn't it? You don't really want it around."

"We don't use magic, dude," Wally said.

"Hazel, I'm sorry you think something that selfish would be motivating my leadership decisions," Shine said. "I believe we need to get it out. That is simply the wisest plan. We do not have time, that is the problem. But we shouldn't go with just the two of us."

"I will go," Hazel said.

"No, I want you here to protect Raven," Shine said. "Too many Maidens out there, we need people who can do a lot of heavy lifting to be around. Qrow also, Winter will remain here, and at least two of you professionals should be around to protect them, plus the younger huntsmen."

"That doesn't leave you with much," Tai said.

"Glynda will meet us there," Shine said. "You could join us also. If any of the teens wish to, we could discuss that. Team JNPR is going to be here any second."

She wasn't wrong, they walked in right after she said that.

"Did we miss it?" Jaune was out of breath like they'd run all the way from the landing pad--which they had.

"Yeah, sorry," Wally said. "But it's okay, there's going to be another attack at some point you can help with."

Nora laughed.

"Dang it," Neptune said. "Well, I guess you did all right."

"Yeah," Blake said.

"It took some time for the ship to be ready, and there was some turbulence on the way..." Pyrrha said apologetically. "Then they didn't want to let us land...but I guess you didn't need us after all."