182: More Than The World's Got To Offer

Ruby and Oscar were successful in finding all of team JNPR, who they were able to heal.

A bunch of other Grimm had appeared.

Jaune said to leave JNPR to handle this and concentrate on finding the others.

"We need a meeting point," Oscar said.

"There's a bigger formation over there." Pyrrha pointed to one that was shaped kind of like a knife jutting out of the ground. "Why not work our way there? It's a better defensive position, right?"

"I guess," Ruby panted.

Cinder frowned.

"Are you going to work with us?" Ren asked her tightly.

Cinder didn't want to go after any of them, but Ren pissed her off.

"No," she said.

"We could always use her with us," Ruby said, "though she'll have to say behind me," pointing to her eyes.

"You're trusting Cinder to have your back?" Nora said.

Ruby sighed. "Well, if she kills me right now, it hurts her chances of getting away from the Grimm also, right? I hope that's enough."

"Right here," Cinder said.

"Feel free to deny it." Jaune glared at her.

"Jaune." Pyrrha tugged his arm. "Please."

Jaune sighed. "Well, whatever. This isn't the time to fight."

"I think we should move toward those hills," Ren said. "People might try to run in there. That could be why we can't see them."

"On it." Ruby and Oscar took off, and Cinder followed.

"We really need to try to let it go," Pyrrha said to Jaune.

"I know I should," he said. "I...I keep the about it...but I just don't know. How can I?"

Pyrrha sighed. "Maybe we need help to forgive.... I thought I heard them say that. I...I know I need to stop pushing you. I'm just thinking of everyone's safety, though. Attacking each other is not helping. But...it's...well, it's not my burden. I shouldn't judge."

"You don't have to make excuses for me," Jaune said. "I know that this anger isn't a good thing. Or this doubt...but I can't seem to shake them."

"Maybe you're trying too hard," Nora said. "I mean, I can't really understand why you'd want to stop being angry at Cinder, but the rest of it, you know, you could just be overthinking it. Sometimes it's not even what you think--it's how you act."

"She's right," Ren said. "I don't really want to forgive Cinder either, but if you want to treat her as one of the team, then just do it. Don't wait till it feels right. Feelings cannot always be trusted."

"Well, that does make sense from you," Jaune said. "And honestly, I wish I was like that."

"Your feelings have always given your strength, Jaune." Pyrrha put a hand on his breastplate. "But I believe it's been said--they shouldn't control you. You control them. It'll be all right."

She ruffled his hair more lightly and then drew her sword. "I suppose we'd better just focus on the others for now."

"Nice to see you two finally getting along a little better." Nora had no filter.

"Nora!" Ren hissed.

"What? They were acting weird for a while," Nora said. "I just said it was nice."

"That's none of our business," Ren said.

"Oh, Ren." Nora rolled her eyes and picked up her hammer. "Let's just kill the Grimm."