34: Death Before Dishonor

"You all get that?" Shine asked, once she was sure they'd left Ironwood behind.

"Yep..." Jaune shook his head.

"Winter is arresting Marrow," Weiss said.

Pyrrha shot her a look. "She's saving him."

Winter pulled out her scroll again. "Did you all hear that?"

"Yes," Shine said.

"I hope you have an idea," Winter said. "Because mine pretty much ended there. Other than, we're going to get help. I think you know who I mean."

"I'm confused," Fria said sleepily.

Winter sighed.

"Okay," Shine said. "Wally should be there too, somewhere."

"Him? He got caught earlier," Winter said. "Did I never mention that?...he was trying to get into the base. He's in there too."

"If he's in there than the only reason they stayed there was because they chose to," Shine said with such confidence that the others wondered how often Wally did jailbreaks.

"In any case, that's all we can do," Winter said. "It won't take long either for the General to figure this out. You have less than 49 minutes now."

"I think we may be able to come up with something," Shine said. "Whitley, that ship almost here yet?"

Whitley had joined them finally.

"Should be..." he glanced toward the window. "Ah, yes, there it is."

"It's about a five minute flight right?" Shine said. "That gives us like half an hour to figure this out. Wish us luck, Winter. Be on standby."

"You'll need more than luck," Winter said. She hung up.

* * *

In fact, Wally had gotten himself arrested on purpose. It was about an hour and a half ago now.

He'd realized that he couldn't get into the jail without ID  unless he broke all the doors, which would send off some kind of alert.

So his other option, he figured, was to get himself thrown in there, and then break them out when it was the right moment, and just run for it.

So he loudly banged around downstairs for a few minutes till the security came for him and the Ace Ops identified him as one of Qrow's friends, so he got tossed in with them.

Qrow and Robyn had spent all this time either trying to lighten the mood (Robyn) or saying they should kill Ironwood (Qrow), while Jacques told them to shut up.

Watts had been put back finally, but he seemed like he was in too good a mood.

"Well, who do we have here?" he said, when Wally was tossed into a cell. "I don't recognize this one."

"Mr. West?" Robyn almost leaned on her plasma wall. "You were the last person I expected they'd catch...get it, because he's fast?"

Jacques rolled his eyes.

"Ha," Qrow said sarcastically. "West, you numbskull, what are you doing here?"

"Looking for you, of course," Wally rubbed his wrists from the cuffs. "And I found you, see, I'm good at it."

"Uh, in case you missed it, stud, you're in here too," Robyn said. "Your little woman won't be happy about that, will she?"

"Oh it's cool, Shine's been thrown in prison like half a dozen times," Wally said nonchalantly. "She knows I can handle this with dignity...there aren't any bathrooms in here."