129: Speak Up

"I think we've got almost the last of them," Neptune said.

"These things don't have a queen, right?" Wally said.

"They're...not bees..." Weiss said.

"Neither was that thing you summoned!" Wally defended himself. [True...why would a Grimm colony have a queen? They don't reproduce--that's what the queen is for. Questions the show doesn't think about.]

"There's some more on our tail still." Yang was looking out the back, since she couldn't do much else. "They're getting behind the jets... Are they just going to follow us?"

"Yes," Theo said. "But I have bombs."

"What is wrong with you?" Wally asked.

"I call it being prepared," Theo said. "Uncle always said you never know when you're going to need something."

"Profound." Weiss rolled her eyes.

"They're coming closer," Yang said. "They're flying towards the jets themselves."

"What?" Theo looked. "But Grimm aren't smart enough to--"

"I think that goes out the window when Salem is controlling them," Jaune said.

One of the Dipteras hurled itself into the jets... Now, granted, since it evaporated almost immediately, that didn't do that much damage.

However, it did make the jet clog for a few seconds, and that made the ship lose balance and tilt to one side wildly.

People flew out of their seats who hadn't buckled in like they should have, and the students slid, unless they were fast enough to brace themselves.

"Ah!" Sun shot towards the open door on the other side.

Blake tossed her grapple at him, and he caught it in time to dangle halfway out of the doorway.

"Whoa--" Wally hit the wall just barely.

Shine grabbed the top door.

Raven and Winter both pitched from where they were standing and crashed into Qrow, who lost his footing.

Raven hit the window after that and saw the treetops below.

The other two both got stuck between the seats instead.

"Ow," Qrow said. "What did that d--- thing do?"

"I think it blew itself up..." Winter struggled to get back to her feet.

Another one of the Dipteras did the same thing, and the ship swerved again.

This time the pilot managed to shut the doors.

Blake, now on what was the roof of the plane, struggled to pull Sun back in.

"Help!" she said. She couldn't get enough momentum.

Weiss finally made a glyph and shot Sun back in. He hit the floor-turned-ceiling.

"Thanks!" he called, groaning.

The doors shut before anyone else could fall out.

"What are they doing?" Vara anchored herself against the chair she was by, holding herself up with her magic. "If they keep shoving us over we're going to crash."

"They're trying to drive out the only people who can fly!" Shine called.

"Oh, is that all?" Vara said sarcastically.

Winter peeled herself off the ceiling-now-floor.

"I should have made a glyph," she said.

Qrow, in bird form, cawed.