86: Live Another Day

Team JNPR was kind of nervous about capturing Watts--he was famous!

However, the whole thing played out both more quickly and rather differently than they expected.

Watts was literally just sitting in some dirty inn room, drinking tea and trying to program a TV into a weapon or some other nefarious device, when they all showed up.

"What the devil?!" He dropped his croissant. [I know.]

For some reason everyone's nervousness evaporated, and they went into kill mode.

"Hiyahh!!!" Nora smashed the TV with her hammer.

Ren kicked the teapot off the table--maybe he thought hot tea could be used as a weapon.

Jaune pointed his sword at Watts' throat, and Pyrrha made all the silverware and tools on the table rise up and hover around him.

Watts, wisely, put his hands up slowly. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Arthur Watts," Jaune said, "you are under arrest."

"Can we do that?" Nora asked.

"You fools," Watts said. "You don't have the authority. What if I yell for help?"

"Do it," Nora said, gripping her hammer and grinning crazily.

"Isn't your picture slapped across the news?" Ren asked. "I think any huntsman could take you in."

"Tie him up," Jaune said.

Ren did so while the others held him at bay.

"I kind of expected more of a fight," Nora said.

"Forgive me if I wasn't exactly prepared for someone to appear in my bedroom." Watts was sore. "How the h--- did you just pop in? That wasn't Branwen's Semblance, I'd wager."

"I think that's our secret," Pyrrha said.

"Wait, I remember that light...Likstar's doorway," Watts said oddly. "What...?" Then he frowned. "She did say she could portal. But surely, there is no way she could know I'd be here."

"Don't answer him," Jaune said. "We don't owe him anything." He frowned. "Let's just take him back to Shade."

They weren't sure Shine could just retrieve them if she was already doing something else, so they walked him out.

"You can't really plan to take me back in," Watts said. "I was framed, I tell you. The plane I was on broke down. I was going to book another flight directly and be on my way, but you know how few people are flying out."

"Shut up," Nora said, holding her hammer aloft.

* * *

Shine got a message later that they were on their way.

"Okay." She joined the others again. "I'm going to need you to put all your petty differences aside for now. I've got to talk to Watts."

"Right now?" Qrow said. "I thought we were going to find Yang."

Shine was not in the mood for his crap after earlier.

With a very cold voice that even Winter had to wince at, she replied, "I have been informed that Watts talked to our suspect earlier today. Raven reported it earlier. If you'll remember. So, who do you think is the most likely to know about this?"

Qrow frowned.

"I have considered this matter more, between the other drama that's going on," Shine went on, not making eye contact with Qrow now. "I see no advantage to us going after Yang. That is just what is expected. I intend to figure out how much Watts knows about this. Using Robyn."