66: Truth Be told

Shine had only waited till they'd spoken to Old Man Shopkeep and giving some paperwork that Whitely had presented to him, and some of the shop owners, before she'd gone off away from the town and brought Torchwick and Neo to her.

"Finally," Torchwick said. "Ah, tis good to be home," he looked around. "Wow this place is a dump now."

Neo shrugged.

"Let's just go see if any of your dust supplies is left," Shine said.

"What is this?" Raven asked her. She'd hardly spoke at all for a long time.

"Just an idea I had," Shine said. "It might lead to nothing."

"Well, I'm sure it's all in the mountain still," Torchwick said.

"Then we'll need to fly you there," Shine said.

Neo signed that she could steal a plane easy.

"Borrow," Shine said. "We'll bring it back, you understand?"

"Buzzkill," Torchwick said. "They'd never miss it."

"Borrowing," Shine repeatedly.

So they "borrowed" a plane and flew out to Mountain Glenn.

It was still grimm infested in some parts, but they ran from Shine and no one else paid them much mind.

Torchwick lit up his lighter and looked around. Then he made a fireball and shot it down the tunnel.

"Oh please," Raven lit up her hand in annoyance.

Shine lit up her sword like it was a lamp, but not blindingly bright.

"Tell me, chick," Torchwick said. "What else does that thing do? Is it a gun?"

"No," Shine said. "But you'd wish it was, trust me."

"That seems a little impractical," Torchwick said.

"So does smoking cigars when you have flammable things around, but did I call you out on it?" Shine asked.

"Just now, yes," Torchwick said.

"Just tell us if there's dust here," Raven said. "More grimm will show up soon enough."

"Especially with your attitude," Torchwick said.

Neo nudged him and shook her head. Meaning not to provoke Raven.

Raven gave her a dirty look, like she remembered why she was mad at her.

They walked in a bit and, any grimm they saw ran for Shine's light.

"I'd like one of those," Torchwick said.

"I think you have a ways to go," Shine said. "But who knows..."

"Well--ah ha, Jackpot," Torchwick walked up to some crates. "Some of these are weapons, no doubt. We had way more than we needed. No doubt the White Fang was saving it, but looks like they cleared out finally. It might still be down here, I doubt they were able to carry everything."

Neo pried open one crate and then and finger snapped at them.

She pulled back the slat and revealed a case of fire dust.

For the next few minutes they investigated and found ice dust, gravity dust, and rock dusk all around.

And the electric kind, but that was less.

Torchwick explained to Shine, in what Raven thought was a patronizing tone, that gold dust was valued more highly for its many uses than rock dust and gravity dust, so it would have been taken to sell.