180: Eyes Half Open

After lunch, they realized they were out of water.

Raven proposed the solution to this was to make magical ice and melt it.

Theo produced a funnel.

"Okay, why?" Weiss said in disbelief.

"Drinking games," Theo shrugged.

Weiss face palmed.

"Whatever." Raven wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. "I can make ice right over that thing. Everyone, fill up... Someone else has to do the fire though."

Cindre held up her hand, and fire blazed in it.

"Oh, you're being helpful?" Yang said really snarkily.

"One more word and it's going in your face," Cinder snapped.

"What did I say about threatening people?" Shine said.

"You call that a threat?" Mercury said.

"You call that a joke?" Shine replied.

"No..." he said.

"There you go." She gestured impatiently.

"Wait, is this okay?" Pyrrha asked as they were filling up. "I mean, you two can... Does it being magic ice matter?"

"I think the ice itself is just from the water in the air," Shine mused. "But then again... Still, it's elemental--usually that's not so bad... Well, to be on the safe side, I'll purify it."

"You'll what?" Cinder said warily.

Shine stuck her sword, which somehow was the size of a butter knife, into her water, and it gleamed.

"Should be fine now," she said. "But perhaps magical water is not the best idea anyway... The more you use magic..."

"The worse it gets," Winter finished flatly.

"You know," Raven said, once they were back to walking, "I don't usually ask this, because I usually don't really want to know the answer, but are you okay? You really don't seem okay."

"What do you think, Raven?" Winter surprisingly didn't deny it. "The magic is getting worse every day, we're headed towards an even more dangerous situation, and I attacked one of my own team yesterday."

"Is that seriously bothering you? We all did that," Raven said. "I mean... except for 5 people maybe."

Winter frowned. "Yes... but I didn't think I had so much rage."

Raven snickered openly.

She got a frosty glare.

"Sorry, uh... just... don't you have a reason to be angry?" Raven said more evenly. "I would be pissed off if I were you. More than pissed off actually."

"I don't mean to interrupt--" Pyrrha joined them. "--but I was also concerned... Is it all right, or do you want to talk alone?"

"Oh, why not?" Raven said. "Can't make it more uncomfortable, can you?"

"Thanks." Pyrrha seemed to mean that.

"This is a bit much," Winter said. "I really don't want to talk about it."

"I should kick Qrow in the shin," Raven said.

"Is that what this is about?" Pyrrha asked.

"You too?" Winter looked at Pyrrha in disbelief.

"I...well, I might have noticed a few things..." Pyrrha said.

"As annoyed as I am that both of you are talking about this so freely, that is not all that's on my mind," Winter said.