133: All Locked Up

The teens had a good time exploring Mistral--blissfully unaware of what went down with the older members.

Penny had joined them, since Kip was.... He was apprehensive at first, but he really wanted to see the city.

 He was apprehensive at first, but he really wanted to see the city

[Hello, Hello--Elton John, Lady Gaga]

They went around the streets. Everything looked new to most of them. Ruby hadn't gotten a good look at the shops and market before.

Yang got hung up for a while at a place that was selling vehicles--particularly the motorcycles.

She couldn't afford a new one, but she could window shop, she said.

Actually this point interested some of the guys also--namely team SSSN and Mercury, though he didn't like to admit it, but a faster set of wheels would have been nice to have now that they had no transportation.

"But a car would be better," Sun argued, just as if it mattered. They couldn't buy--or even rent, either.

"I don't know, a bike can go a lot more places," Neptune said. "And Mistral cars are kind of...you know, not the best quality. Not Atlas standard, for sure. Unless you come to Argus."

"But the bikes are?" Scarlet asked. [If you don't remember, he's their teammate.]

"Well, it depends, but that brand is from Argus." Neptune pointed to one sleeker, long one. "It's more expensive because it's imported, but you know, you can't put a price on quality."

"Is that why you spend so much on hair gel?" Sun asked.

"Shut up," Neptune said.

Yang peered at the bike in question. "Hmm, you know, you're not wrong. I didn't think you guys knew anything about bikes."

"I don't really," Sun said.

"Neptune has his own," Scarlet explained. "I've been on it a couple times...but I think it's too scary."

Scarlet was always a wimp. He probably only was training to be a huntsman because his parents thought he should toughen up. [At least that's my headcanon. Guy complains about sand in his shoes.]

"You have your own bike?" Yang asked Neptune directly.

"At home," Neptune said, rubbing his head. "Geez, I wonder if it's even been polished in ages."

"Why didn't you bring it to Vacuo?" Sun said. "That would have been so cool."

"Do you know how expensive it is to ship something that big to Vacuo?" Neptune said. "And they steal everything! I wasn't risking it!"