155: Sons and Daughters Pay

Qrow didn't find Weiss as quickly as he wanted to.

Winter was going to kill him if Weiss got lost while she was gone!

Though he was trying not think about Winter. Her leaving was probably for the best, he was getting entirely too careless.

Qrow hadn't actually stopped to ask why he was so worried about thinking about it, he just shut it down.

He thought Weiss could just be lost forever in this darkness.

But when he finally did find her, she wasn't alone.

He wouldn't have found her if she hadn't had a light and Zwei hadn't kept barking, though she was barely keeping him on the leash.

But that red haired kid, Meridian was with her. Had he followed her? Qrow hadn't pegged him for a stalker.

"What are you doing here?" he said, in his best dad voice.

"Uh he's--well--" Weiss sputtered.

"I came to get help," Meridian spoke up. "I figured your team would know how to help. I've heard some tales of you."

"Help with what?" Qrow asked.

"Where's Theo?" Meridian said.

"I just told you, he's not here," Weiss said, peevishly.

"I know that, but I want to know if you're heard from him," Meridian said.

"We haven't heard from anyone!" Qrow said. "If you haven't noticed." He pointed upwards with his sword.

"I have," Meridian said, drolly. "What are you going to do about it?"

"What can I do?" Qrow shot back.

"Well you ought to do something!" Meridian said. "Weiss here was just telling me that your leaders are all in another kingdom. Seems pretty inefficient to me."

"You should know better than to get lost like that!" Qrow turned to Weiss. "Do you know what your sister would do to us if anything happened to you?"

"Winter knows I can take care of myself," Weiss said.

"No guardian knows that," Qrow shot back. "It's just a dumb dog, you shouldn't be risking your life."

"It's not just a dog!" Weiss said, and Zwei gave Qrow a wounded look. "How can you say that?"

"He's pretty good against grimm," Meridian said helpfully.

Qrow didn't want to have this argument right now.

"Just get back to the house," he said.

"We're not gaining anything doing that!" Weiss said. "We should get rid of this big ugly black blanket."

"Have you lost it?" Qrow asked.

"It might be my fault," Meridian said. "My semblance seems to work uncommonly well on her. Maybe she's just like that naturally."

"Shut up!" Weiss said. "It's not your semblance!--at least it's not just that, I'm done! I'm fed up!"

"See what I mean? Snow Tiger is fitting," Meridian glanced at Qrow.

"Yeah and she has claws," Qrow was getting reminded of Winter here. "Look, we can't do something stupid just because we're frustrated."

[A little late for that advice.]

"I just want to do something!" Weiss protested.

"I don't see why not," Meridian said. "That sludge up there is a bully. Blocking out the sun, how am I supposed to get a tan?"