125: Right Intentions

Later into that day, the teens started packing their stuff, since Shine told them they'd be moving out.

They assumed they were all going to Haven.

"You know, I liked some things about Vacuo," Blake commented, "but I can't say I'm sorry to head somewhere a little quieter."

"I know, right?" Yang said. "And I'm sick of being kidnapped and stolen from and ganged up on... Hello, Mistral!"

Ruby wasn't sorry either.

Weiss was the only one a little reluctant.

Libby had made her way back to Shade sometime the day before, none the worse for wear after the skirmish she'd been in, though she had some bruises.

"We sent those rotters packing," she said. "Won't have to worry about them for a while."

Whitley almost didn't even try to hide being glad to see her.

Weiss had to thank her also...

And Meridian, who'd stuck around with Hamish overnight to make sure nothing else happened.

He had a boisterous effect on the other students, which they certainly needed after all that time.

Weiss wasn't as anxious to leave...not that she liked Vacuo that much...but they had made some friends here...and it seemed tiresome to keep moving around.

Team JNPR were much more for the idea.

The Sword was weighing on Jaune's mind. He was keeping it with him...keeping his regular sword in its sheath... It looked kind of odd.

Pyrrha just wanted to stick it in the other Vault and be done with it.

"Hey, guys." Wally knocked on their door. "Shine says we should stock up on supplies--no telling if Haven will have a whole lot with all the refugees we sent there, and we might not stay that long, so we need to be ready. Anyone want to come help find stuff?"

"Sure, as long as there's food," Nora said cheerfully.

"Maybe I should stay here." Jaune patted the Relic nervously.

"Right, gotcha," Wally said. "It's so weird to see that thing just out like that..."

"Well, I should probably stay with Jaune," Pyrrha said.

"We got it." Nora winked at her.

"That's not what I--" Pyrrha began.

"Let's go then," Ren cut in, sounding impatient.

He was anxious to get out of this kingdom while they still could.

Though they were nervous about going out into the open again...but they had no real reason to think Victoria would be looking for them.

Kip was afraid to even leave the school's general area, though. He'd been real quiet since yesterday.

Penny tried to distract him with his cats, but he was still glum.

Vara said he was upset about his mother--but her guess was he was also just freaked out by the whole thing.

"We saw a side of Vic we didn't want to think was really there," she said. "Theo and I have been talking about it... It was partially our fault, you know, that things got this far."

"I'm glad you realize that." Shine could be so brutal.

"Kick a girl while she's down much?" Vara said.

"I haven't known you that long, but I already think that's something you would say," Shine said.

"She's right, you know," Theo said.