181: Bent And Broken

"Cinder's in trouble." Emerald peered out from the shelf she was hiding under.

"Get back." Mercury pulled her in. "Who cares?"

"We need her!" Emerald said. "She's a Maiden!"

"She'd never die that easy," Mercury insisted.

The goo was piling up in puddles around the uneven terrain, seeping toward them, but they were a little higher.

"We're not gonna be able to walk through this for a while," Mercury noted.

"I can't see most of the others." Emerald only saw Ruby (who had her hood over her head), other than Cinder.

Cinder was sitting in a puddle of the juice by now, her left arm sizzling still.

"Did... is that thing growing back?" Emerald asked oddly.

"It did before," Mercury said. "But I thought Kanap took all the juice out of it."

"Maybe she did... but there's plenty of it around," Emerald said. "S---, what if it's recharging her arm?"

"Well, if she gets the power to steal magic again, we're all in trouble," Mercury said.

* * *

Yang found a taller rock formation that wasn't hollowed out enough to fit in.

She hit it a couple times, building up her power...

The black rain splattered over her arms--it had no effect on the metal one, however.

"Any luck?" Neptune and Sun ran up to her.

"Not enough," Yang huffed. "One of you, hit me-- really hard."

"What?" Sun said.

"Just do it!" Yang snapped.

Sun hit her with his staff. "Sorry, sorry."

Yang didn't care.

With more power, she hit the weak point in the rock and broke off a chunk big enough to fit inside.

"It'll be tight, but I think all of us can squeeze in." She ducked under it.

"Where's Blake?" Sun looked back.

"She's probably under cover already," Neptune said.

"I don't see her," Sun said.

"Isn't that good, then?" Neptune said

"I'll be right back. I'm going to check." Sun held up his pole and deflected some goo off of it. "Stay put."

He jumped over the rock to check the other side.

Neptune ducked under it. "I'm sure Blake's already hidden somewhere. She's pretty good at that."

"I don't see Ruby," Yang said with concern.

"She's already hiding. We saw her," Neptune said. "Hey, how are we going to walk?"

"It's not bothering our clothes." Yang looked at her shoes.

A bird flew in after them.

"Qrow?" Neptune said.

"Nope," Yang said. "Mom."

"Of course it's me," Raven said in bird form. "I just hope I can hold this form long enough for the rain to stop."

"Huh, that's kind of neat," Neptune said.

Raven gave him a sharp look.

"Who's still out there?" Yang asked.

"I counted about 8 of us already under cover, but Rhinehart couldn't fit in most of these crevices, and both the Schnees and the DJs were still running," Raven said, "also that Wallace kid--no surprise there. Other than the Wukong kid and Belladonna, only one I saw was Fall--and she's sizzling."