51: Take it In

"What did you see Theo do?" Shine grabbed Raven off the windowsill she was on before the older woman could even react. She must really have been lost in thought.

"Get off me." Raven threw her off. Then she put a hand on her hip. "Why should I tell you? You still owe me information."

Shine looked annoyed for a moment, but then she drew a deep breath. "Fair enough. You first."

"Why would I go first?" Raven asked.

"Because I told you something last night, and it's your turn," Shine said.

"I've given you more leads than that," Raven said.

"No one ever said anything about amounts. I gave you a bonus tip," Shine said. "It's your turn."

"I don't think that makes us even," Raven said. "My information is more useful than yours was."

"That entirely depends on your point of view, Raven," Shine said, crossing her arms. "And you're kind of dumb to assume that right off. I thought you were smarter than that."

Raven frowned at her...then, after giving it some thought, she said, "How about I give you part of the answer?"

"It's a start," Shine said.

"Then you give me something," Raven said, tapping her sword hilt. "I'm not the most patient woman in the world."

"Neither am I," Shine said. "But I'm working on it... So what did Theo do?"

"I don't know exactly what he did," Raven shrugged. "But I saw him on his scroll after you all left, and then he left his office very fast. I followed him at a distance, and he headed off to the east side of the kingdom...not a lot of cover there, and he'd definitely notice a bird out there, so I stopped following him... Anyway, he knows what I look like."

"But there's a bit more to it," Shine surmised. "What do you want me to tell you?"

"After what I heard earlier, I already know, but I want to hear you confirm it," Raven said tightly. "You're really from another world?"

"Sure," Shine said. "Is that all you wanted to know?"

"No," Raven said. "How are you here? Why?"

"Oh, I think that's extra info," Shine said slyly.

"What did I miss?" Wally skidded into the hallway, making Raven tense.

"Theo's up to something weird in the east side," Shine said.

"So he's, like, meeting up with that kid?" Wally asked.

"That remains to be seen," Shine said.

Raven accepted his intrusion into the conversation with quiet resignation and sighed. "Well, I might have gotten a look at his scroll screen before he answered it."

"And?" Shine asked.

Raven hesitated. "It said Madman."

"Tyrian," Shine said at once.

"He labeled him Madman?" Wally said. "Savage."

"Sounds like Theo." Shine shook her head. "This is worse than I thought."

"And...?" Raven looked at her pointedly.

"We're here to help," Shine said. "Sent from the unknown God, (to you anyway). Elohei haElohim. The God of gods."

Raven narrowed her eyes. "The god of gods?"

"Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Prince of Peace, Wonderful Counselor, Lord of Light, God Almighty, The God Who Sees, The God Who Hears, The God Who Heals," Shine rattled off. "God With Us: Emmanuel. Jesus: Deliverer. He has many names. The most Holy of all is I AM."