174: Saviors of the World

Weiss and Winter saved them some time by using glyphs to give people a ride for a few miles, before their Auras gave out.

Jaune offered to boost them, more specifically Weiss; Winter could have used magic to boost hers.

But Weiss objected, saying they needed that for a real emergency.

Raven, who used the map to check their progress from an aerial view, announced that they might save themselves half a day by using the glyphs.

"If we don't speed this up, it'll take us half a month to cross this," she said.

And no one wanted to be in the Grimm land for that long--they didn't see it yet, but even how empty this area was was still freaking them out.

Little, from the hood, said that she didn't like it. It didn't smell right.

Hazel was looking for signs of where exactly Salem's castle was.

He said it looked different from the air, but it was in a radius of a certain circle of land...but it was miles wide.

"We might have to split up when we get closer," Shine mused. "Look around."

"We should probably stop to eat," Jaune spoke up.

It had been hours since their last meal. 

Well, without much cover, all they could really do was pick a curve of the land and settle into it.

Different people stood watch on all directions, like sentinels.

Wally, in an effort to keep the mood light, asked the kids what superpower they would have if they didn't have their Semblances.

"I think I'd want to fly," Ruby said.

"That's too similar to your Semblance," Weiss argued. "Why not pick something totally different to round it out? Though, I think this game is stupid."

"Well, you don't have a better idea," Ruby huffed.

"I think I'd want the power to remember everything I need to remember," Weiss said. "It would make studying so much easier."

"Ew, do you miss that?" Yang said. "The only good thing about saving the world is there's no homework."

"Speak for yourself." Oscar had a book out.

"Hmm, that's an idea," Weiss said. "I should start reading that list."

"You are unbelievable," Yang said.

Nora snorted. "I'm with her on this one."

"What's wrong with improving your mind?" Ren asked.

"I don't think stuffing words into it does that," Nora said.

"She's not wrong," Shine agreed. "It needs to be the right words. Excuse me." She walked away.

"Funny, I thought she'd be more into this," Wally said.

Shine would have been, but she wanted to use the chance to ask Winter what was wrong.

Winter didn't really want to tell her, but Shine was adept at worming things out of people, and she cracked her after only a few minutes.

And Winter was so angry about the whole thing it wasn't as hard as usual.

"I just... He...and..." She couldn't make full sentences.

Shine was elated at first to hear there'd been any development--and then disappointed.

Winter suspected her feelings were not unbiased and got annoyed.