128: Chasing

The flight continued uneventfully for the next few hours, and the sun was well up.

Libby fidgeted and said she was bored, apparently looking out the window got old for her.

Kip on the other hand was drinking the whole experience in, apparently seeing anything outside Vacuo was enough for him.

"That kid is like me being homeschooled," Shine commented.

"Hey same," Neptune said.

[My sister's head canon is that Neptune was homeshcooled...it does make sense...better question: do they have public school in Remnant? I've seen no sign of it except in Atlas, and it would actually be a breeding ground for negative emotions for grimm to latch onto. I'm not sure anyone is actually schooled the way we think of it.]

"That would explain a lot," Shine said.

"Huh? Why?" Neptune said.

"It just would," Wally said wisely, though he didn't even know what Shine meant.

"Hey," she said.

"What?" He shrugged.

"Pyrrha it's my turn," Jaune compained.

"Just a few more minutes," Pyrrha was reading one of the comics they had.

"Guys, can I read that once you're done, I've read mine like 15 times," Ruby said.

"I have some other ones," Jaune held them up.

"No those are old issues," Ruby said. "Come on..."

"Sorry..." Jaune said. 

"I'll take one," Emerald said. "If that's okay."

Jaune handed her some of them.

"Comic?" Emerald offered Mercury.

"Does it have pictures?" Mercury had his eyes closed like he was napping.

Emerald hit him in the face with it.

"Oh, right, comic," Mercury said.

"Please tell me you were pretending to be dumb there," Emerald said.

"You'll never know," Mercury said slyly. [He would]

"Ergh," Ruby slumped in her seat. "Oscar, what are you reading?"

"Oh, uh...it's called 'The Four Loves'," Oscar said.

"I didn't know you were into romance books," Blake looked up.

"Oh uh it's not about that..." Oscar said. "It's more like...psychology I guess?"

Blake gave him a weird look.

"I never thought of love having a psychology," Sun said. "I don't think it's something you can just break down like that."

"Well it's not really that," Oscar said. "It's just...uh...about good and bad kinds I guess."

"What could be a bad kind of love?" Ruby wondered.

"Well, it explains it..." Oscar wasn't sure how to answer that. "You know, if you're selfish about it."

"Why are you reading that?" Jaune asked him. "Just curiosity?"

"Oh it's on Shine's list of research books," Oscar said.

"Ugh, she's making you read now?" Yang looked across the aisle.

"No, I asked," Oscar said.

"You would," Yang sat back.