84: Save From the Hate

Wally didn't find anything, so he met them at the school.

Shine came out of her room after Emerald had banged on it and then told her what happened.

The others arrived shortly and filled them in.

"Can you find her using your Sight?" Oscar asked.

"Not if Kanap has her," Shine said.

"And why not?" Winter sounded stressed--for her.

"If I could do that, why would I not have already?" Shine asked, something they'd all completely forgotten about somehow. "I can't get a bead on her or her house or the Summer Maiden. The picture wasn't clear enough that Neo took, for the last one, and for the first two, it's shadowed. All I can assume is there is some dark, magical force already in place, or whatever she does must interfere with my ability in some way. God can see everywhere, but I can't. Also walking into that would  be foolish."

"Why?" Nora asked. "We're all pretty tough."

"Do you really think Victoria Kanap would lure Raven or any of you there without some way to contain her?" Shine asked, like it was a stupid thing to suggest. "There's got to be something waiting...and you tell me Raven already went. I thought she was smarter than this!"

"I think that losing her tribe may have affected her," Oscar said. "I mean...made her more reckless. She's angry about it, and Kanap isn't Salem--she probably thinks she can take her...at least that was my guess."

"A good guess," Shine agreed.

"So what do we do?" Pyrrha asked.

Everyone looked at Shine.

Shine looked at them blankly. "I'm not sure."

"You're not sure?" they cried.

"But you always have a plan," Ruby said.

"An idea, an analysis, anything would be useful," Winter said.

"I've never met Victoria. I can't get a bead on someone before I meet them," Shine said. "Neo would have more insight."

Neo was there by now, and so was Roman.

Neo just signed something to the effect that she had no clue how to forcefully take someone out of there.

"Great plan!" Jaune was upset. "Right when we're really in trouble, you have no clue what to do?"

"Jaune, that is not fair," Pyrrha said. "We can't expect her to always have the answer. We have to think for ourselves."

He sighed.

"Yeah, we need to try." Oscar rubbed his chin. "It's not just Shine who can come up with something. We've all been trying to figure this out... I know, let's start with what we shouldn't do. Any moves that would definitely get us in trouble right away."

"Charging in blindly will," Shine said. "She'll expect that. Granted, she doesn't know you know where she lives, but she'll be prepared for Raven to have planned backup, no doubt."

"What can we do if we don't go after them?" Oscar said.

"That's leaving them to die," Ren said.

Shine pursed her lips. "I don't think she's planning to kill them, not yet. She'll want to run her tests. My best guess is that we should wait."

"Wait?" they all said, not very pleasantly.

"Wait," Shine said. "Take time to think and see if she makes another move. This could be a distraction--one thing in one place, so we forget to watch our backs. But one person who might know what she'll do is Theo."