107: Believe In The Light

Wally found the kids without too much trouble.

They were getting kind of tired, though Yang didn't want to go just because he said to.

Wally told her she could go willingly, or he could carry her over his shoulder like a toddler.

She went after that.

Neptune and Sun put up less fight than teams RWBY and Nora. Though Meridian seemed sorry to see Weiss go--they'd actually been talking for hours without Weiss realizing it.

But he just said, "Catch you later, Schnee."

"Who was that guy?" Wally asked her.

"Oh...no one," Weiss said. "Some idiot."

"You sure talked a long time for that." Blake had been quite stunned.

"Well, look at Weiss--she's popular." Sun gave her a guns-up sign. "Good for you."

"Anything but, Sun, anything but." Weiss rolled her eyes.

"Oh, don't freak out, but Winter's a little overstressed, so none of you start any crap with her, okay?" Wally remembered to remind them. "Also we might be telling Theo about Vara talking to Pyrrha."

"Oh," Ren said. "What did she say to her exactly?"

"You'd have to ask Pyrrha." Wally knew from Shine it was bad but refused to out Pyrrha to her friends.

"Winter is stressed?" Weiss said, like it was a new idea. "I thought nothing happened today."

"Hopefully it didn't," Wally said vaguely.

* * *

Winter, now that she wasn't as agitated, was cold and felt kind of shaky.

Qrow was waiting for Theo. Shine finally said, "All right, I think it's time. He seems free."

Her eyes stopped glowing.

"You really can't see that, huh?" Qrow said, sounding a bit tense.

"Nope," Shine said. "No more than you can see your own facial expressions when you make them. But Wally says it looks cool."

"Looks like you have lightbulbs in your eyeballs," Qrow said unflatteringly.

"Ah, well, Qrow, have you seen yourself?" Shine dished it back.

"Women take everything negatively," Qrow said.

"Didn't you just take what I said negatively, Mr. Sensitive?" Shine mocked him. "Is Raven back yet?"

"She said to piss off, so I assume she's in somewhere," Qrow said.

"Ah, you people..." Shine sighed.

Winter shivered and glanced at her tea. Shine had made some.

"Feeling better yet?" Shine asked her gently.

"I'm all right," Winter said. "It's just cold in here."

It was not cold in there, not to Shine.

Qrow sighed and then, to their surprise, he handed his cape over to her.

"Well, I'll go deal with Theo," he said. "You know, this would be fun--if we knew where Vara was."

"Pyrrha said she might take a full day to answer," Shine said. "We'll just have to see."

She looked thoughtful.

Qrow left the room.

Winter glanced at Shine oddly.

"I know, it's sweet, right?" Shine said, as if she'd spoken. "Guys are so cute when they don't know how to help but they try really hard. I melt every time Wally does that."