111: Make Me a Potion

Victoria came to inspect her new guests after Mercury brought them back. The kid was more effective than she thought.

"But where is Kip?" she asked him.

"Around," Mercury said. "Said he needed more dust fuel."

"And you didn't stay with him?!" Victoria cried.

"If you haven't noticed, lady, I'm kind of wanted by everyone, and he's a nobody," Mercury said. "He's safer without me."

That might be true...but why wasn't he calling?

"I'll have to step out." Victoria decided it might be the scroll service. "But let's make sure my new guests are comfortable."

She had made sure to seperate them more from each other this time so they wouldn't plot with each other, but the hideout was only so big, so not much more than a few collapsed partitions blocked them from each other's view.

The Schnee woman was already coming to. She might be more of a problem.

"Good evening, Lieutenant," Victoria said amiably.

Winter, head still buzzing, sat up and looked around.

Her hair tumbled loose around her shoulders.

She glanced at it, then put her hand up.

"Sorry about that," Victoria said. "But those hair pins and holders can be bad in the tank, you know. Metal interferes with my instruments sometimes, so I had to remove them."

Winter had bigger problems than that, but the thought of Victoria doing this while she was unconscious did nothing to put her at ease.

"Kanap," she said coldly.

"Yeah, I'm sure Raven has told you all about me," Victoria said, frowning. "That witch... So let's keep it simple, shall we? You know what I can do, right?"

"Yes..."

"And I know what you can do, in theory, and I'm dying to find out more." Victoria held up her remote. "I won't hurt you if you cooperate."

"I won't be doing that." Winter got to her feet.

"I had a feeling you might say that," Victoria said. "And it's been a very, very long few days for me since I had to move, and you all destroyed some of my prized equipment. So I'm not in the mood to play nice. You remember your sister, right?"

"What?" Winter suddenly tensed.

Victoria held up her scroll, showing a picture of Weiss tied up.

"I have her at a separate, not to be designated location," she said. "I told them to treat them well--as long as I say so. But if you cause me trouble or try to escape--I don't think you'd succeed, but I've learned caution since last time, so...you get the gist of it?"