Prologue;

Copyright to One_Direction_x

Please don't steal my writing. That's not cool.

WARNING: I wrote this in 2013 so there are mistakes, I need to edit and what not, hope you enjoy :-)
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks. xx

* * * * *

"I'm not easy to love."

"You are."

I shook my head. "I don't even know how to love."

"Or you're too scared to."

I scoffed. "Scared?.. Me? I'm not scared of anything."

He smirked. "Really?"

I nodded.

"So how come whenever i just so much place my hand near yours your breath hitches? Or whenever i come into the book shop you hide from me and pretend you hadn't seen me? I think you're looking for a reason to be loved - you crave love."

"You've got it all wrong." I whispered. "You think you know me; you think you have me all sussed out." I looked up at him. "You don't even know half of what i've been through."

He stood there waiting for me to break. But that's not me. I don't break, not for him, not for anyone.

"You think you're strong enough to handle the world on your own but you're not." He shook his head looking at his feet as he kicked a stone on the floor.

I closed my eyes, licking my lips. "What do you want from me? Do you want me to say i'm lonely, and need company? That i haven't slept properly in 4 years? That i decide to not eat for days on end because i need to feel that little bit of control? - Is that what you want? Do you want me to tell you how my whole world disappeared from me because of one fatal night? Yes, there you have it i'm not strong - i'm not super human - i'm nothing. I'm worthless."

He took my hand. I flinched but i let him hold it.

"You're anything but worthless."

I scoffed.

"I think you're wonderful."

I looked up at him, admiring his features. "You do?" I whispered.

He kissed my hand, i flinched yet again. "You're perfect."