Chapter 17.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=96420552

Charlotte's POV.

   "What's your biggest fear?" Harry asked as we lay on the grass in his back garden. I don't know why we were laying here, how we even ended up laying here..we just did. We always do random things like this together.

"I.."

   "You can tell me." He spoke turning onto his side as he observed my entire face. I continued to lay on my back staring up at the stars.

"I guess..not having somewhere to live."

He continued to look at me, not saying a word. "Not sharks?" He smirked.

I shook my head. "I don't encounter those very often here in London." I joked.

   "Good point."

"What's yours?"

He thought for a moment, his lips opening and closing before he finally answered. "Losing my family."

I swallowed not sure how to react.

   "Why..don't you talk about your family, Charlotte?" He asked innocently.
"I can't."

He took hold of my hand. "Why? It's just me, i don't judge. You said yourself you trust me."

I slid my hand out of his. "It's not just you. It's anyone. I find it hard to open up to people. I trust you, but.."

   "But what Charlotte? Tell me,try me, are you scared i'm going to leave? Forget about you? Think i'll think less of you?"

I nodded. "I guess i'm used to being judged."

   "I won't judge you." He murmured.

I looked up into his eyes. "My family..they passed away.."

He didn't show any expression, he didn't look shocked, or sad or anything. He was listening and i appreciated that.

"I..I had the perfect family. Mum,dad,brother,me. We were friends with everyone in the neighbourhood, people knew us. My dad was well respected, which meant our entire family was. We were happy. Two holidays a year, a villa in Spain, 2 cars on the drive - all that was missing was a Labrador called Ben and a white picket fence." I smiled sadly. 

   "I was happy. Very happy. I was popular at school, i wasn't a stuck up popular, i just made friends with everyone whether they were incredibly intelligent or the best footballer in school - i just wanted to be friends with everyone. I even had a boyfriend. Oscar." I chuckled playing with my fingers. "I thought my life was so perfect."

I took a shaky breath and Harry took my hand in his again and squeezed. "It's okay." He whispered. "Take your time."

I nodded. "My friends came up to me one day saying they'd seen my dad kissing another woman. I didn't believe them. I mean my dad - he was the most loyal and trustworthy guy in this entire world. I confronted him about it, alone. He confirmed it. I was shocked, sad,heartbroken for my mum. I threatened to tell her but-" My voice cracked.

   "He wouldn't let me go. He held me down and told me i had to keep quiet. And that it was her fault he cheated in the first place. And that's..that's when he started to.."

I let a tear go but Harry caught it and swipe it away from my face.

   "Charlotte i'm so sorry." He whispered pulling me into his chest kissing my hair.

"He r-raped me 5 times." I stuttered.

   "People at school found out, but someone spread that i happily had sex with my dad..like it was enjoyable. I lost all my friends, Oscar broke up with me, i had nothing. I finally decided enough was enough. So i packed a bag. I left my mum a note and headed out. I had money, i stole it from my dad. I thought of all the things i could do, places i could go." I smiled remembering how excited i felt to be free.

 "I sat in the train station looking at all the places on the screen i could go; Edinburgh, Manchester, Nottingham. And then i saw York. And it stood out to me. I was buying my ticket when my phone rang. It was my dad. I didn't want to answer, so i got on the train and when it rang again i answered knowing he couldn't get me now i was on the moving train. He was angry, very angry. He was in the car with my mum and brother. He was shouting saying they were all looking for me, he'd called the police, got the entire road looking for me. I felt smug, he couldn't get me. He carried on shouting and screaming about how angry he was, but suddenly he stopped, and i heard my mum and brother screaming and shouting, but it wasn't anger - it was panic and terror. After i heard my mum finally scream "Charlotte" the line went dead. I immediately got off the train at the following stop and headed back home scared what i'd find. I knew they were out in the car but i thought they'd have come back home. But they weren't home. I rang my mums phone, as well as my dad and brothers. Each were deadlines. I was becoming frustrated by the minute. The next day i rang around, asking if people had heard or seen them, all i got was sympathetic 'nos'. When i turned the tv on. That's when i saw it. The crash. My dads car on fire turned over next to a huge lorry." I let another tear slip.

   "What did you do after?"

"I don't really know what i did. It's a blur or i've forgotten it. I tried therapy but they just tried to tell me everything will get better eventually. You don't want to hear then when your family died 2 weeks ago. I was only 16, and because of my stupid selfish ways my family died, because i thought it would be clever to run away. If i could go back, and re-do it all..I would."

   "But your dad could still be harming you."

"True. It's a cruel world isn't it?"

   "Very."

"I can't believe i've actually opened up to someone." I smiled.

   "How do you feel?"

"I'm glad you haven't judged me."

   "I couldn't judge you Charlotte, ever. If anything it's made me.." He shook his head.

"Made you what?" I asked raising my eyebrows. I caught his eyes, the green as emerald as ever.

   "Nothing. You hungry?"

I smiled. "Thought you'd never ask." I chuckled.

________________________________________________________________________
A/N: there you go!  found out what happened to her family now! I didn't want to do it as a chapter, preferred her explaining it.