Chapter 28.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=98461667

Charlotte's POV.

The weeks flew by and before i knew it - it was christmas.

   Harry insisted i came with him to his family's home in Holmes Chapel. I didn't want to intrude, I was happy spending it alone like i have done the other 4 christmas', but he demanded i came with him - and in the end i gave in.

You could say we haven't been together long enough to have the 'meeting the parents' stage. But the way things have been between us lately, i'd say there couldn't be a better timing. I mean, christmas is all about family, and i don't have any family for Harry to meet so why not get introduced to his?

   "Nervous?" Harry asked as we pulled into a humble detached house.

"Sort of..Who wouldn't be?"

He smiled. "There is nothing to be worried about." He kissed my cheek quickly before opening his door. I saw him run round and open mine for me. "I'll get our bags later." He said taking my hand and walking us to the door. "Mother!" He called jokingly as he opened the door.

Seconds later i saw a lady rush round the corner. "Harry!" She grinned. She hugged him for a few seconds before pulling away.

   "Mum, this is Charlotte. My girlfriend." He grinned proudly

  "You are nothing like i expected! Welcome." She smiled hugging me, instantly my anxiety melted away.

His mum, Anne - as she told me to call her, walked me into the kitchen as Harry got our bags. "Drink?" She smiled.

"Er-tea please."

  "Sugar?"

"Just one please."

  "So what do you do then Charlotte?" She asked filling the kettle with water and turning it on to boil.

"I'm an editor for Vogue."

She raised her eyebrows. "Wow, big job."

I chuckle. "There's a few of us so it's less pressurizing."

She laughs. "I can imagine it's time consuming?"

"Very. I love it though."

She nods as she pours the water in the mugs. "How did you and Harry meet?"

"I worked in a book shop - he came in looking for one."

She smiled. "Like a real love story."

I chuckled. "I turned him down the first time he asked me out."

   "Must really like you."

I blushed.

  "Done." Harry breathed as he sat next to me at the table, taking hold of my hand.

"What are the plans for tonight?" I asked quietly.

   "Well, Robin and i booked a table for all of us and Gemma."

"Gemma?"

  "My sister." Harry answered.

I nodded vaguely remembering him mentioning her a couple times in the past.

 "Where's Gemma?"

 "On the train home."

  "I'll fetch her when she arrives." Harry offered taking out his phone. 

~ ~ ~

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=98462155

(harry and charlotte at the side>>>)

We sat in a fancy restaurant. It was red,orange and black interior, fancy swirls on the walls and large black jewelled chandeliers hanging from the high ceilings.

I sat next to Harry, my hand in his. His mum and Robin sat across from while Gemma sat at the head of the table.

  "It's been such a nice christmas eve, having Harry back, getting to know you Charlotte." Anne smiled sipping her wine.

I grinned. "Thank you. I've felt nothing but welcome here."

She smiled again as Harry squeezed my hand.

"This food is devine." I complimented as i ate some chicken, it literally fell from the bone.

  "Are your parents okay with you spending christmas here Charlotte?" Anne asked innocently as we all ate.

  "Mum.." Harry warned.

She looked at him weirdly as i swallowed hard.

  "I'm just asking about her family?"

I felt Harry tense beside me, the bile slowly rising to my throat.

"Excuse me." I smile quickly before heading towards the bathroom.

Once i find a vacant stall i close the toilet lid and sat down letting the tears fall. I don't know why i'm so sensitive, why i let it affect me.

   How can i not?

It's christmas eve and i'm far from home, whilst everyone is opening presents and sitting around the fire all happy and perfect.

* Flashback *

   "What is it honey?" My mum asks.

My 9 year old self became wide-eyed as i ripped the wrapping paper off the large box to reveal the brand new pink bike with silver and purple tassels hanging from the handle bars - just like i'd asked.

"A new bike!" I scream excitedly jumping up and down hugging my parents. "Thank you,thank you, thank you!" I exclaim repeatedly.

They both smile at me whilst i stare at the box of my brand new pink bike.

Life couldn't get better than this.

* End of flashback *

I wiped my face with the tissue provided from the holder, it felt like velvet against my skin.

   "Charlotte?"

"Harry? You do know this is the ladies.." I chuckle a little.

   "I'm not bothered." I could hear the grin in his voice.

I sigh.

   "Are you okay?"

I'm silent.

   "Silly question..sorry."

"It's 'kay."

   "I'm sorry, mum didn't know.."

"It's fine, it's only natural for her to ask about my parents."

   "Are you okay?"

"I guess." I sniffle wiping my eyes again. "It's just a tough time for me..christmas was my favourite time of the year."

   "I know." He says quietly. I could tell he was leaning his head against the door. "Well, i'm missing your face already, and they're serving dessert."

I smile at his attempt to make me smile. "Strawberry cheesecake?"

   "With extra strawberries especially for you."

I unlock the door and hug him. "Thank you."

   "For what?" He asks kissing my temple.

I kiss his lips. "For just..being you."