Chapter 13.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=95454317

Harry's POV.

   "..Miss, i'm afraid i can't accept that." I heard a woman say at a till as i walked by.

 "But please, i don't have any other payment method."

   "It's £50.93."
 "And i only have £45. W-what if i give you this, then bring the rest tomorrow?"

I turned round to see Charlotte pleading to the lady. I quickly jumped through the queue to hand the lady another £10. "Keep the change." I smiled as i took Charlotte's hand and pushed her trolley.

   "What was that?" She frowned letting go of my hand.

"I was helping you."

   "I don't need your charity Harry." She scoffed taking my hands off the trolley and pushing it herself.

"How are you getting home?"

She took the bags out of the trolley before pushing it into a bay and picking up all the bags which she clearly couldn't hold at one time. "I'm walking."

I smiled at her stubbornness. "I'm driving you home."

   "You don't need to."

"No, i don't. But i want to. Come on." I said taking the bags from her and walking to the car.

   "You're a pain in the ass Styles."

"Thank you." I smirked placing the bags in the boot as she hopped in.  "Why aren't you in a coat? You do know it's middle March, you'll catch your death."

She looked outside at the passing cars. "It's in the wash."

"You only have one?"

She nodded.

I shifted in my seat awkwardly. "We could go buy you one?"

   "With what money?" She snapped her body turning towards me. She was dressed in a thin over-sized top with leggings and converse. "I'm not worldwide famous or a supermodel. I'm a boring 20 year old girl who works part-time in a book shop which just about pays for my rent."

I sat silent as i took in her outburst. I'd never met anyone so real in all my life.

     Normally when girls meet me they tend to think we're in a relationship or 'seeing each other', and that's when the wanting happens. The expectations. They want and expect diamonds and 5 course meals.

But Charlotte?

   She doesn't even want me to carry her shopping.

"I could buy you one?"

   "No."

"When is your birthday?"

   "August."

"Consider it an extra early birthday gift." I smirked pulling outside her block of flats.

She huffed getting out of the car. "No Harry. I don't know why you're so bothered about being around me and catering to me."

I opened the boot. "Because you deserve it."

She shook her head as she took some shopping. "No, i don't."

I followed her up to her flat. The lift had broken so we had to climb 3 flights of stairs in order to get to her place.

Once she opened the door she flipped the switch. "Oh, shit." She groaned.

I frowned placing the shopping down.

   "My electricity has gone."

I frowned even more. "I'm lost."

   "You see, poor people like myself have to pay for things such as electricity. I have something called a metre, i have to pay money into it in order to get electricity, i forgot to check it before i left out." I quickly walked over to the metree and stuck the card in.

         £0.00 In Credit.

"Yup," She sighed. "Gone."

"What do you have to do to get it back?"

   "You have to use this special card, top it up..like a phone and then you place it in the metre."

"Okay, let's do that."

She smiled sadly. "I've spent my money on food." She said looking towards the bags.

She quickly picked them up and put them in the kitchen. "It's okay, it's still light outside so i'll use that, and then in the morning i'll ask my boss to lend me £10. That's should last me 3 days."

I shook my head. "Give me the card."

She frowned. "You're not doing it."

"Charlotte, give me the card."

And slowly but surely, she did.

Charlotte's POV.

I waited for Harry. He'd been gone at least half an hour by now. I'd packed away all the food i bought and sat playing on my phone until eventually it died - and there was no way to charge it.

              Great.

I heard Harry softly knock a few minutes later, i answered and he had a huge grin on his face.

He gave me the card and when i placed it into the metre my eyes bugged.

      £1,000 In Credit.

"You..you..Harry why?" I felt my heart beat faster as the anger rushed through me. "Why have you done this? This is too much, i can't repay you-"

   "You don't need to, i wanted to do it."

After that he handed me a bag. I frowned. "Open it."

I took out what was inside to reveal; a brand new coat. "I.."

   "You don't need to say anything. Just be happy. That's all i want."

I smiled up at him hugging my new coat. "Thank you. Thank you very much." I tried it on and it fit me like a glove, apart from the sleeves being a little too long,but i wasn't bothered - it was the warmest i'd been in a while.

   "Oh, and.." He took a box from behind his back and gave it to me.

I opened it to see a pair of new ankle boots.

He smiled. "I noticed you needed a new pair."

"Harry, you shouldn't have." I said taking them out the box. "Thank you. So much." I could smell the leather, the real genuine leather.

      I, had real leather boots.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=95456858

I smiled at them before putting them on, they too fit like a glove. "I appreciate everything you've done for me Harry. You really didn't have to. Thank you so much."

    And that's when i gave him a hug.

I gave a boy a hug. I felt him smile into my hair before he kissed it and moved away. "It was no problem, honestly."

I smiled looking down at my coat, putting my hands in and out of the pockets like a child.

   "What do you say we go and grab some dinner? You could wear your new coat?"

I blushed wrapping it round me tighter. "Can i wear my new boots too?"

He chuckled. "Of course."