Chapter 12.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=95063639

Harry's POV.

I walked to Charlotte's door and rang the cute doorbell. It wasn't an ideal place to live when you're a young girl living on your own. I don't think i'd even live here. There were rows upon rows of flats, the odd cat walking around, bins littered around and blacked out cars zooming up and down, and there was a stange smell that i couldn't quite pin-point.

   "Hi," She smiled opening the door. She opened the door wider letting me in. "Make yourself at home, i just need to do my hair." She smiled walking quickly towards a door which i guess was to the bathroom.

I was shocked when i sat in her what i guessed was her livingroom. Her flat was tiny. Her kitchen was to the left, it wasn't even separated from the livingroom, to my right was i saw through a door was her bedroom and next to that door what the bathroom.

People live like this?

As i thought that, i heard a baby start to cry, it sounded like it was coming from a flat beneath us. People live here with babies?

It's a major wake up call. I feel almost guilty for everything i have in my life, almost guilty that i don't think twice about the fact i have a 4 bedroom house, a garden and more than one car.

                      How the other half live, hey?

      Charlotte came out of the bathroom minutes later brushing her hair with her hand over her shoulder. It was long,wavy and crimson. "Sorry about the crying baby, it has colic which means it never.ever.shuts up." She rolled her eyes.

I nodded still admiring her. She was in black skinny jeans, black top and a cardigan with red wedge shoes.

  "Sorry, are these too much?" She asked looking down to her shoes.

I shook my head. "Perfect, you look lovely." I smiled slightly.

  "Thanks." She blushed. She picked up her bag and took out her keys. "Let's go?"

I nodded walking out of her door. She slammed her door once we exited and twisted the key a few times. "Sorry." She spoke sounding like she was struggling a little. "This door is really annoy-" She slammed the door again. "-ing." She laughed placing her keys in her bag. "Let's go."

I watched Charlotte as we walked to the car and came to the realization that Charlotte wasn't like most people i knew, she wasn't swimming in money, or bothered about what she was wearing. She was different, very different.

            And i liked that.

I pulled up at the italian restaurant I’d picked out and the valet opened my door. I walked around the back of the car and took hold of Charlotte's hand while she searched the side walk. A young girl waiting with her parents recognized me and looked startled, pulling out her iphone and raising it with a shaky hand to take a video of us. 

         "Hi, Harry," she called out and I smiled and waved at her, returning her greeting. 

I didn’t let go of her hand as we walked. The girl eyed Charlotte quizzically and I was sure within minutes this video would be viral and people would be trying their hardest to figure out who she was but considering she didn’t even have a Twitter(i think), they would be hard pressed to find her.

   "No paps," Charlotte noted as i opened the door for her and she stepped into the restaurant.

"I’m okay going in. It’s the coming out that can be tough," I admitted and she nodded.

We were seated at a cozy table and I pulled out her chair for her.

Charlotte's POV.

 I looked around the restaurant, taking note of all the patrons staring at him and eyeing me. He didn’t notice a thing.

   "You okay?" He asked.

"This is just..weird for me. That’s all," I took up my menu, trying to ignore the eyes. My eyes bugged when i noticed the prices of the food, it was too expensive.

   "What's wrong?"

"This place is pricey."

He shook his head. "Don't worry about it. I'm paying,order what ever you like. honestly." He smiled before looking back down at the menu.

I still felt sick. The stares of the people in the restaurant. People picking up their phones to excitedly whisper to their friends about who they just saw at dinner.

"Do you want wine?" He asked, not phased by any of it.

I nodded, "Sure? I only drink red."

He smiled, a dimple creasing. "Same here, you're my kind of girl."

I blushed chewing on my bottom lip and trying to focus on the what i wanted to eat.

Harry had decided on the steak and fancy italian pasta, and i decided on a traditional italian pasta dish.

  "Do you eat out a lot?" He asked eating a bit of complimentary bread that was given to us.

"Not really." I looked down at the place mat i'd started to play with. "I don't really have friends to eat out with. I don't really have friends." I blurted.

Harry frowned. "How comes?"

I shrugged. "I'm not a very likeable person i guess?"

He rolled his eyes. "That's not true. You're the nicest girl i've ever met."

            Sure.

I smiled sipping my wine. "Thanks."

   "Now that we're friends." He smiled. "We're going to do a lot more together."

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh yeah?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I'm going to make you enjoy life."

I smiled sadly. "There's nothing to enjoy."

He gasped. "There's a lot to enjoy in life. Where's your favourite place in the world?"

"My bed."

   "Country." He rolled his eyes.

"Um, this one?"

   "Charlotte.."

"The Alps. I like..skiing."

He raised his eyebrows. "Really? Me too. I've been a few times this year."

I chuckled. "You're famous, you can do that."

He shrugged. "Next time i want to go, i'm taking you. When have you been?"

I smiled at the memory. "I used to go with my family. From the age of 8 onwards. We'd always go, it was our thing."

   "You don't speak about your family much."

I shook my head.

   "Do you live with them?"

I shook my head. "I don't want to speak about them. Sorry."

He nodded with a faint smile on his lips. He quickly changed the subject, and we continued to speak once our food arrived.

    It felt nice, speaking to someone, someone who doesn't judge you or care about your past, someone who is just interested in everything you say.

  Just the company of someone is nice. I was so use to being on my own, that i'd forgotten what it was like to feel this sort of happiness again.

I soon forgot about the stares and quick side glances from others eating in the restaurant. Once we'd finished i picked up my jacket as Harry paid. I felt almost guilty that he was paying, i don't like people doing things for me, i didn't like the fact he was in control of that.

Once we left the restaurant the flashes were hard hitting, everywhere i looked there were flashes, i quickly learned that keeping my head down was the best way to get through it, i held onto Harry's elbow, but my hand soon slipped down to entwine with his fingers; as he managed his way through the shrouds of people.

     It was crazy.

Once we were in the car Harry let out a sigh.

"How aren't you crazy?"

Harry chuckled. "I'm not crazy, not yet."

I smiled as he pulled out of the car park driving slowly so he didn't run any paps over. The paps didn't seem to be bothered that Harry was actually driving, they were still trying to take photos, leaning on the bonnet holding the camera into the windscreen. I looked to the side trying to avoid eye contact with any of the cameras. I sure as hell would be spread everywhere tomorrow.

"Fan reaction will be interesting." I smirked as Harry finally turned onto a main road, relaxing a little.

  "Don't worry about it."

"I'm not. I don't have a facebook,twitter or instagram. They couldn't contact me if they tried."

He readjusted in his chair. "I'll handle it. It'll blow over in 2 days. We're just friends so.."

I chuckled. "You're so naive. All those girls sitting at home on twitter are not going to see those photos and think 'ah,harry with his good gal pal Char."

Harry smirked. "Gal pal?"

"You know what i mean." I mumbled.

   "Get use to it. It's going to happen a lot when you're with me."

"I guess."

   "I'm just happy you even wanted to spend a couple hours with me."

I looked over to him, watching as he drove, one hand on the steering wheel, one on the gear stick. His jawline as prominent as ever, his eyes sparkling from the lights from the night.

"I'm happy too." I uttered,  a smile creeping on my face as i looked out to the now calming streets of London.