Chapter 18.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=96423044

 Charlotte's POV.

I'd avoided Harry ever since that night. The night i told him everything, opened up about my family. I didn't feel ashamed - just embarrassed that i'd let all my walls tumble down to someone who probably doesn't care that much for me and will probably get bored of me soon enough.

I've done nothing but extra hours at the book shop, and spent my evenings writing my book 'His Girl'. I enjoyed writing about love, writing stories about people who i'll never know but have a happier life than i do. I enjoy imagining what it would be like to have that person who is completely infatuated with me.

I had just finished closing up and locking the book shop. Cassidy had somewhere to be - yet again, and asked me to lock up.

Once i made sure the shop was secure i turned to leave but was stopped by someone - a Mr Harry Styles to be precise.

"Can i help you?"

   "Why do you keep avoiding me?"

"I haven't."

   "I've rang-"

"I didn't hear the phone."

   "I've text-"

"I've never had credit to text back."

He huffed frustrated. "What did i do?"

I bit my lip. "You didn't do anything." I spoke softly.

   "So why are you pushing me out? Avoiding me? I thought we were getting somewhere? I thought you trusted me?"

"Exactly!" I exclaimed. "That's exactly why! I'm too..comfortable with you. We're getting too cosy and happy."

   "What's wrong with that?"

I snorted shaking my head. "Whenever something goes right for me, something else comes up to mess it up. I'm not suppose to be happy."

   "Says who?"

"Says me." I spoke looking up into his eyes.

   "You deserve happiness." He spoke quietly taking my hand.

I pulled it away, crossing my arms. "No."

   "You deserve love."

"I'm not easy to love."

   "You are."

I shook my head. "I don't even know how to love." I spoke bitterly.

   "Or you're too scared to."

I scoffed. "Scared? Me? I'm not scared of anything."

He smirked. "Really?"

I nodded.

   "So how come whenever i just so much place my hand near yours your breath hitches? Or whenever i come into the book shop you hide from me and pretend you hadn't seen me? I think you're looking for a reason to be loved - you crave love."

"You've got it all wrong." I whispered. "You think you know me; you think you have me all sussed out." I looked up at him.

He stood there waiting for me to break. But that's not me. I don't break, not for him, not for anyone.

   "You think you're strong enough to handle the world on your own but you're not." He shook his head looking at his feet as he kicked a stone on the floor.

I closed my eyes, licking my lips. "What do you want from me? Do you want me to say i'm lonely, and need company? That i haven't slept properly in 4 years? That i decide to not eat for days on end because i need to feel that little bit of control? - Is that what you want? Do you want me to tell you how my whole world disappeared from me because of that one fatal night? Yes, there you have it i'm not strong - i'm not super human - i'm nothing. I'm worthless." I almost shouted.

He took my hand again, this time i let him.

   "You're anything but worthless."

I scoffed.

   "I think you're wonderful."

I looked up at him, admiring his features. "You do?" I whispered.

He kissed my hand as i flinched at the contact. "You're perfect."

I pulled my hand out of his. "Please don't feed me lies. Please don't say things you don't mean."

   "I'm not saying things i don't mean, you choose not to believe me - you think it's easier to believe that the world is all bad rather than all good."

"Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed."

   "If you give me a chance.. I can show you that you can trust me, that you can be loved,you can be happy." He licked his lips. "I want to show you everything, the world. I want to lay in the grass with you all night watching the stars, i want to take you to the top of the Eiffel Tower, wake you up on Christmas morning, kiss you at midnight on new year's eve. I just want to be happy, i want you to be happy.. i want us to be happy." His voice was husky, almost like velvet. It made my heart melt.

I closed my eyes, licking my lips. "I believe you."

I opened my eyes to see him smiling. "You believe me?"

I nodded. "Show me everything, Harry."

He smiled leaning in to kiss me, and with the look in his eyes in that moment, i knew it was our time to be happy.