Chapter 52

Charlotte's POV.

I didn't know where i was,

Who i was,

What time, day, year it was.

          I just felt numb, vulnerable. Like i'd been walking around looking for a way out and i couldn't find it. I'd often think i was awake, i'd hear people talking, moving, laughing, coughing.  

I'd sometimes hear just silence. You think you can't hear silence until you beg to hear a noise.

            I'd sometimes hear Milo's voice, i'd try to move, or at least talk to him - let him know mummy is okay. But it was all internal. I could never reach out to him.      

And it hurt me.

It hurt me more the fact that i couldn't speak more than the pain in my stomach.

But today,

Today was different.

I felt my eyes moving, i heard a gasp, a couple gasps in fact. I heard rushing and voices, they didn't make any sense to me. I found myself pushing for my eyes to open.

And somehow, they did.

I blinked away the lights, my eyes watering from the sudden brightness but i didn't care - i could open my eyes.

I heard a doctor rush in and straight to my side.

  "Hello Charlotte how are you feeling?"

I lifted my arm, my hand forming into the shape of a thumbs up, i could move! I next twitched my legs - yep they could move too.

  "Good, i'm glad you're awake now."

I couldn't seem to find my voice.

I felt my bed rising, my back arching slightly. Once i was sat up i looked over to see Milo in Harry's arms.

    When did that happen? Where's Luke?!

"Milo," I cried.

  "Mummy!" He jumped out of Harry's grip and was soon beside me.

  "Careful," Harry spoke. "Mummy's in a little pain."

I gulped, it was so good to hear his voice - i was just so confused.

  "Now," The doctor started. "I'm glad you're awake, but it doesn't mean you're out of the woods."

  "Come on Milo, let's go find some cake or biscuits?" Harry smiled.

I smiled at him in appreciation, i didn't want Milo to listen to what the doctor was going to say. Once the pair had left i turned back to the doctor.

  "You suffered from a bullet wound. You're lucky it wasn't very deep, but it still caused minor injury and internal bleeding. The surgeon luckily stopped it and you were then induced into a coma so you couldn't feel the pain."

"How long have i been in a coma?" I asked hoarsely, my hand shot to my lips once i realised that i'd just spoken for the first time in who knows how long.

  "5 weeks Miss Orchid. We expected longer, but you recovered quicker. The bullet was removed, and like i said the internal bleeding was stopped, but that doesn't mean there isn't any damage left."

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

  "The bullet hit near your womb, it is believed that you may not be able to have any more children. We can't say for sure, but, unfortunately it is more than likely you may have trouble conceiving in the future."