Chapter 44.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=100230062

Charlotte's POV.

I sat waiting for Harry to knock, when he does i open the door to him holding a bouquet of red roses.

I take them and give him a hug. "Thank you. I haven't got enough vases anymore." I joke. He chuckles but i can hear the hesitation.

He sits at my dinner table playing with his fingers. "What did you want to talk about?"

I finish arranging the flowers and sit across from him. "Us."

   "Us?"

I nod.

   "What about.. us."

"What's happened to us?"

   "What do you mean?"

"Oh come on Harry, don't act dumb. Don't pretend you haven't noticed."

   "I.."

"Ever since you came home you've been different."

   "We've just been.. busy."

"Being busy shouldn't matter. We should be able to make time for eachother."

   "I try but.."

"No you don't. I waited 3 days before you text me the other week. That's not trying. Trying is ringing me and asking about my day, trying is making time even if it's to see me for half an hour, trying is showing someone you love them."

   "I'm sorry that i'm not all over you."

"Don't you dare turn this round."

   "What do you want from me Charlotte?"

"I want you to just.. be how you were before. I want you to love me."

   "I do love you."

I shook my head pinching between my eyes. "I don't think you do." I look up at him, hurt flashing through his eyes. "I think you like having someone to call your girlfriend, but when it comes to actually being with me.. you couldn't care less."

   "That's not true." His voice shakes. "I love you and you know it. You're the first thing i think about when i wake up, and the last before i go to sleep."

I close my eyes at his words. "I'm going to ask this once and once only.." I look him straight in the eye as a tear rolls down my cheek. "Have you cheated on me?"

There's piercing silence as he shakes his head. "No."

I sigh.

   "I love you Charlotte."

"I love you too Harry."

   "We can make this work. We're stronger than this, remember?"

I nod taking his hand in mine.

   "We can work through anything. 'Til the end." He adds.

"Til the end." I smile.

   "Now, i don't know about you but.. i have this incredibly beautiful girlfriend that i haven't seen in a while that i need to make up lost time to."

I grin sitting in his lap. "I couldn't agree more." I smirk kissing him.