Chapter 6.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=94287972

17th February 2010 - Then.

Charlotte's POV.

   "Hey Charlotte." Steph smiled weirdly.

"Um, hi?" I frowned.

We were quickly joined by Lacey and Bethan who too looked at me weirdly.

"Is there something going on?" I asked shifting my bag to the other shoulder.

  "We..saw Charlotte." Lacey spoke quietly.

I stopped walking and looked at each of their worried faces. "Saw what?" I asked confused.

  "Your dad." Bethan spoke. "With another woman.."

I frowned. "What other woman?"

The three exchanged a look between them.

   "We went shopping last night.." Bethan started.

 "..A-And as we were coming out we saw your dad in the car..kissing another woman.." Steph finished.

I gulped. "What time was this?"

        Please don't say around 6.

The three thought among themselves. "Around 6ish."

I nodded. My dad was 'late' lastnight from work.

      Like the other nights for the past 9 weeks. "O-okay." I smiled bravely.

I found it hard to focus throughout the day. My dad? Having an affair? They must be mistaken.

    My dad was late lastnight because he was held back at work. He wouldn't do that to my mum, or our family.

            We're the perfect family.

  He wouldn't.

Once i got home that night my mum and Theo were at the kitchen table, Theo had fallen ill with flu so he was kept home from school.

"How are you?" I pouted feeling his forehead. It was burning.

  "I feel like poo."

Mum smiled as she stirred what looked like soup on the hob.

"Mum, i need to talk to you, about dad." I sighed.

  "Okay sweetie, let me sort your brother out first." She smiled.

I nodded turning round to take my bag up to my room.

~ ~ ~

   "Are you sure? That doesn't sound like your dad." Oscar spoke down the phone.

   I couldn't keep my mind off it. All through dinner i had stayed silent as i ate with mum and Theo, dad was 'held back' yet again.

        The sad thing was, my mum was totally oblivious. She was happy and didn't seem to show any signs of knowing.

"I'm not 100% sure. But he's late home all the time."

Oscar sighed. "It'll work out. I mean your dad is probably doing something for the family, remember when he planned for disney land? He was late home from work with that."

"Yeah." I rolled my eyes at how right Oscar was. "But that doesn't explain why Bethan, Steph and Lacey would tell me they saw him kissing another woman.

   "Did they take photos?"

"No.."

   "Could of gotten mixed up."

I sighed into the phone. "You're right."

I could feeling him smiling into the phone.

"Don't smile." I smirked.

He laughed. "I'm not."

"You are."

  "I love you."

"I love you too."

   "See you tomorrow?"

I sighed. "See you tomorrow."

   "It'll all be better tomorrow."

I smiled slightly. "Hope so, bye."

  "Bye babe."

I ended the call and placed it on the side, hoping that tomorrow would be better.