Chapter 51.

Charlotte's POV.

I was tired and frustrated. I had minimal sleep due to Milo having nightmares, and the amount of work i've been taking on has been exhausting me. 

       It's becoming unhealthy.

I sat at my desk - my head in my hands, computer updating some software i didn't really care for, a coffee i meant to drink but forgot about that is now freezing cold, and a half eaten sandwich i could barely eat due to stress.

I heard my door open and the sound of heels. "Char?" Emelia spoke questioningly.

I lifted my head wiping my cheeks avoiding eye contact. "Yes?"

She shifted on her feet, holding the files tightly. "You.. alright?"

I nodded looking at my computer, it was still updating. "Fine.."

   "Sure?"

I shook my head, feeling the tears stream down my face again. She quickly came behind my desk wrapping an arm around me. "Honey! What's wrong?"

I sniffled. "Everything."

   "Not specific." She smirked.

"Just life.. it's getting on top of me."

She nodded. "I understand."

She grabbed a tissue handing it to me.

"Thank you." I smiled wiping my cheeks. "Was there something you needed?" I asked.

She stood up. "Nothing i can't handle. Tonight.. let's go out. Just me and you."

"Milo.."

   "I'm sure Luke's capable."

"He's not Luke's problem."

Emelia held her hands up. "Don't worry about anything, just.. come to my place for 8. Yes?"

I nodded, a slight laugh leaving my lips. "Thank you."

She smiled leaving my office.

I was excited for a night out, time to myself with Emelia. I hadn't felt like a 23 year old in a while.  Once Emelia and i arrived at the first bar that was called Dimitri's, we decided to just take this round slow, have a drink and gossip.

As the night went on we let our hair down. We danced with strangers, drank enough and laughed to our hearts content. It was amazing, that carefree feeling.

As i headed out of the toilet i bumped into a body.

  "Charlotte." He spoke.

I looked up. "Harry."

  "Enjoying your night?"

I nodded. "Up until now.. yeah." I pushed past him and headed towards Emelia. "I'm leaving." I spoke quickly grabbing my bag and heading for the door.

Once outside i looked for a cab but there wasn't any stopping for me.

  "Charlotte!" I heard Harry shout.

I turned round. "What?" I screamed.

Instead of waiting for him to reply i crossed the road to get to the other side and hopefully get a cab this side. I saw Harry on the other side of the road signalling to get my attention but instead i ignored him trying to hail a cab.

As i went to put my hand out a guy pushed into me then ran off carrying a large black bag. "Hey! Jerk!" I shouted at him angrily.

The man turned around holding up a gun. My eyes widened and that's when i felt it, impact on me. I looked over to Harry to see his hands go to his face before he started rushing through traffic, by the time he got to me it was much too late, i had already lost my footing and my awareness of the world.

________________________________________________________

A/N: Okay guys, i'm so sorry it's been on hold!!

It's off now, and i will try and upload as much as possible.. x x