Chapter 1.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=93595927

21st January 2010 - Then.

Charlotte's POV.

“I think that was the best practice we've had in a long time.” Lacey smiled as we all walked out of the girls changing room.

I nodded in agreement. “Definitely. We need to make it to the championships.”

I'd been in my schools gymnastics team ever since I started school. That's where I built up my foundation of friends. That's where I got my popularity from.

“I think as long as we practice hard enough each day we'll make it.” Steph smiled pushing open the door.

I followed behind her holding the door for Lacey. As we stepped out of school. Middle of January in England is quite bleak. Grey skies, rain,snow. Always,always cold.

“Charlotte!” I heard someone call my name. I turned to see my boyfriend of 9 months smiling.

“Oscar!” I wrapped my arms around his neck as I pecked his lips. “You didn't have to wait.”

He shrugged. “I wanted to.”

I laced our fingers together and waved goodbye to the girls as Oscar and I made our way to my house.

Oscar and I didn't really have a cute way of meeting, our eyes didn't lock across the room, or anything romantic. We simply liked each other, he asked me out on dates and after a while he asked me to be his girlfriend.

“Mum, dad, I'm home.” I called as we walked through the door. I walked into the livingroom to see my brother Theo sat watching tv eating a bowl of cereal? At 4 in the afternoon? Okay..

“They're both at work still.” He muttered wiping his mouth. “Hi Oscar.” He nodded.

Oscar smiled.

My brother Theo and I are quite close, with only 23 months between us, we've always shared things together, rarely arguing – it just wasn't us.

“Oscar and I are going to my room.” I spoke grabbing Oscar's arm.

“Ew.” I heard Theo mumble. I rolled my eyes and continued up the stairs to my room.

~ ~ ~

Later that evening, Oscar stayed for dinner – my mum insisted.

“Best thing to happen today?” My dad asked as I handed the potatos to my brother.

I shrugged.. “Nothing majorly exciting. The girls and I are trying to make our routine as perfect as possible for championships.”

My mum clapped excitedly. “I'm so excited for that. I mean how many mothers can say their daughters competed in the national championships?”

I smiled proudly as Oscar took my hand in his under the table. “Not many.”

“Theo?” My dad asked turning to him. “What about you?”

Theo shrugged. “I got a A- in my math test.”

Mum smiled. “Well done.”

“Dad?”

He thought for a moment as he ate some vegetables. “I wrote a song on the piano.”

“The one you've been working on?”

He shook his head. “I've finished that, i've actually wrote another.”

I nodded proud of my dad.

He gets to write music and hand it out to different artists. He's written with and for some big people. He doesn't like to talk about his music, he thinks he's bragging, but I think it's cool. I admire my dad a lot, I look up to him. He can play the piano, guitar, violin and trombone – he taught himself how to play each.

My mum however, is primary school Headteacher. You wouldn't be able to tell, she's quite young looking, and certainly doesn't dress like a headteacher.

“Oscar?” My mum smiled sipping her red wine.

He placed his fork down. “I don't really have anything special, but I could say the highlight of my day was seeing Charlotte.” He smiled kissing my cheek.

I blushed nudging him, he chuckled before resuming his food as well as the rest of my family.

      This was our family tradition, this is what we do everyday when we eat. We sit together, and discuss something we've done that's made us happy or proud. We like to celebrate each other, bring out the good – never discuss the bad.