Chapter 40.

http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_506/set?id=99899092

Charlotte's POV.

It was another busy day at work, i was inundated with emails this morning, i hadn't even been able to have a 5 minute coffee  break.

By dinner i was back to normal, and caught up with everything i needed to.

Harry had been gone a week and a bit, he'd left Ghana and headed to Japan, i was some what jealous he got to go to Japan.

"Carol, Hi." I smile at desk as my chief executive walked into my office. My heart thumped - she's a powerful woman, and i'm a little confused as to why she's here.

   "Hi Charlotte, how are you?" She spoke sitting down across from my desk.

"I'm very well thank you, yourself?"

   "I'm great."

I nodded not knowing what else to say.

   "You're probably wondering why i'm here?"

"I'm a little curious."

   "Well, the next few weeks are fashions busiest weeks.."

"Fashion week, of course." I wanted to slap myself for almost forgetting.

   "Well, we have London Fashion Week first, i had some front row seats if you'd like to attend?"

I gasped. "I'd love to."

She smiled. "Thought you'd say that."

I grinned. "Thank you."

   "It doesn't stop there.."

I swallowed.

  "After London Fashion Week, it is New York Fashion Week. I'm looking to send 4 of my best colleagues, and i have chosen you as one of them."

My eyes were wide.

   "And also, as there are Vogue offices in New York, i'm thinking maybe offering transfers."

"You mean me..live in New York?.."

   "Exactly. That's if you wish to of course. I know you have..other commitments.." She spoke looking at the framed photo of Harry and i on my desk.

I blush. "I'll have to think, and talk with people. But i'll definitely consider it. Thank you Carol."

   "Pleasure is all mine." With that she stands and leaves closing my door almost silently.

I sat back in my chair. Me..move to New York?!

http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_507/set?id=99899597

   "So are you going to do it then?" Eleanor asked as she sipped her cocktail.  The girls and i decided tonight would be the perfect night to go out, let our hair down. So Eleanor,Danielle,Perrie and I dressed up and headed into central London.

"Do what?"

  "Move to New York?" She smiled.

I shrugged.

  "I'd do it!" Danielle exclaimed. "I mean, New York. Not many people get the chance to do that." She smiled.

"I have Harry.. and you guys. I can't just get up and leave."

The girls all gave eachother a look. "But babe-" Perrie started.

"I don't want to think or talk about it..I just want a nice night out with you guys. Yeah?"

They all nodded sipping their drinks.

A few drinks in and the girls and i were dancing. People were often taking photos of Perrie, but nothing intrusive.

I headed to the bar, i was done with alcohol for the night, i always liked getting my blood rushing, but never drunk..drunk is not a safe feeling. I like being in control of my body.

"Lemonade please." I smiled at the bartender.

   "You always were boring."  A voice sounds.

I turn to see. . Oscar standing there.

"Oscar?!" I couldn't quite make out the tone of my voice.

He laughs as i give him a side hug.

   "Charlotte Orchid." He shakes his head.

"You've changed and. . grown!" I laugh.

   "How have you been?"

"Great, yourself?"

   "Good, thanks."

"I'm sorry. I can't believe it's you." I chuckle.

My first ever love. Standing in front of me.

   "What have you been up to? What do you do now?"

"I work as an editor for Vogue. . You?"

   "You always were good in English." He laughs. "I'm in uni studying music tech."

I nod. "Cool."

   "I see you're dating a certain celeb?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes. The attention on us two is crazy."

   "I can imagine. . But you're alright though, yeah?"

I nod. "Yes Oscar, i'm so glad i've seen you again. It was nice to see you after all these years."

  ..Even though you broke my heart. Forgive and forget, right?

He smiles. "You too."

I take my lemonade and sip the straw.

   "I'm actually heading home now..you can always come too?"

I shake my head. "I'm okay. I have a boyfriend and i'm not a cheat. My friends are over there. Bye Oscar."

     "Bye Charlotte." He speaks as i walk away.

 "Who was that?" Perrie asks as i sit back down.

"No one important." I giggle picking up the lemon from the side of my glass.

___________________________________________________________________
A/N: Don't worry drama is on it's way!

I know you want Charlotte to find out..I've already written the chapter for when she finds out, i just don't know when it'll happen yet!

What do you think about Oscar reappearing? Should it happen again?

And what are your thoughts on New York?

Let me know! <3