Chapter 5.

14th February 2010. - Then.

Charlotte's POV.

Although it's valentines day, i wasn't spending it with my boyfriend like i'd wished to so badly. It was the night of the championships.

           And there was no way i would be able to get out of it.

  "Are you excited?" Bethan asked as we laced up our flats.

I nodded. "Come on, who wouldn't be?"

   "Is lover boy coming?" Steph winked as she nodded towards my parents. They were sat right in the middle, mum holding the camera proudly as my dad spoke to my brother.

I shrugged. "I think so. He knows it's today."

   "Are you doing anything after, you know..it being valentine's day and all.." Lacey asked as we all began stretching, preparing for the competition.

"I don't think he has anything planned. Probably a movie at mine." I smiled.

          I was happy with that. I was always happy with that.

As the announcer called that all squadrons had to get in their sections i saw the door open and in came Oscar looking a little flushed. I frowned and watched as he quickly made his way to the empty seat next to my mum.

~ ~ ~

The competition went well. We came second place - it's better than being third or fourth i guess. But never as good as being first.

My mum still cheered and cried when i approached her and my family after the competition finished. I had a medal with '2nd' around my neck and a water bottle in my hand.

  "Smile!" She chirped holding the camera up.

I rolled my eyes but stood there for her.

She took my hand and made me hold my medal. "Now, smile!"

I stood there for a further minute posing for my mum until my dad interrupted.

  "I think you have enough photos now sweetheart." He chuckled. "Let's get going."

I smiled picking up my bag and taking hold of Oscar's hand as he kissed my temple.

~ ~ ~

Once we were home, Oscar tugged my hand towards the back door. "I want to show you something." He smiled.

I frowned. "Something in my own back garden?" I smirked following him.

Once we stepped outside i looked to see that in the middle of the garden there was a picnic set up, surrounded by lanterns and candles.

           Super romantic.

I turned around and placed my arms around his neck. "Now you, are the best boyfriend in the world." I kissed him.

   "I try." He smirked.

I tapped the back of his head. "Don't ruin it pretending to be cocky." I winked.

  "This is why i was late tonight, i couldn't find your favourite chocolates anywhere."

"It's perfect."

   "You're perfect."

I smiled kissing him again. Perfect.