Chapter 47.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=101032979

Charlotte's POV.

"So when were you going to tell about One Direction?" I asked Emelia as we sat in Blue FIn, one of our favourite restaurants in New York.

She blushed. "I know because of you and.." She looked at Milo. "It would be a difficult subject, i wanted to bring it up. But.."

"You didn't want to upset me." I sigh.

She nodded.

"Thank you." I smile. "But you wouldn't upset me, promise. I'm just a little..shocked."

   "I know. I was too."

"Why are they doing it anyway?"

        Emelia brought out her notepad. Even though we're not at work or even in work mode she still carries that thing around with her. I smile at her organisation.

   "They did a Vogue shoot for the UK, and sales boosted 78% for that month, then for France they boosted 84%. So NYC have booked for them, expecting even higher sales."

I nodded.

   "You won't even need to be present on the day, or on the shoot."

I nodded. "Thank god."

She smiled. "Is it okay if i'm excited to meet them?"

I laughed as i cut up some of Milo's meat. "Of course, i'm not that childish."

She smiled, obiously relived.

"Who's you favourite?"

   "Liam." She blushed.

I nodded. "He's a sweetheart."

We spent the day, not as assistant and boss, but as best friends. I bought Milo some new clothes for his birthday, and Emelia bought her niece a cute sun hat. After spending way too much i invited  Emelia to come back to mine. "Where's Luke?" She asked curiously.

"Work."

   "On a saturday?" She frowned taking off Milo's shoes for him.

I laughed. "He only works half a day. There's no stopping him."

She shook her head.

   "So, if you just so happened to..accidentally bump into One Direction, what would you do?" She asked jumping on the sofa as i made us some tea.

I hadn't really thought about that. "I don't really know. Probably, say hi and then walk away. I wouldn't be rude, but i wouldn't stand and talk to them."

   "I always imagine them to be a lot less hyper as they're made out to be."

I nodded. "They're made out to be like 12 year olds, but they're not. They eat,sleep and shit just like the rest of us. Like they say themselves, it's just their job that's abnormal."

Emelia stayed until about 6 so i could put Milo to bed and cook some dinner for myself. Once Milo had settled i ate some chicken noodles and watched some tv - a rare activity for me.

I checked my emails and one in particular caught my eye.

Charlotte Orchid.

                Hi Charlotte, It's Harry. I'm not really sure if this is your e-mail still?

              Just a quick email really to see how you are, and also I know I'll be seeing you soon in NY Vogue, and i'd hate for things to be awkward.

                I just want to say yet again how awfully sorry i am for everything that happened 2 years ago, and I hope we could at least be.. civil? For the shoot?

                 Harry. x

I was confused. How did he remember my email? And i thought i wasn't seeing him at this shoot?

I wasn't sure what to do, whether i should reply, or just ignore it. I didn't really care for him anymore, and i certainly didn't attain any feelings for him.

I sat, tapping my fingers against the keys wondering what i should write, how do i reply? What is there to say?

Be civil? I wouldn't just lunge across and punch him in the face, although it would be a a nice relief to do that, i'm hardly known for acting on impulse.

Was that just an excuse to email me? Taunt me, and make me remember all that he put me through? As if he hasn't done enough already? I have Milo, a living evidence of his mark upon my life.

I sighed resting my head against the sofa as i began typing out my email to him.

______________________________________________________
A/N: Emelia >>>