Chapter 23

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=98142280

Charlotte's POV

I had been offered the opportunity by the senior editor of Vogue to head into their headquaters and have a meeting with them. Somehow Vogue got in contact with me, i wrote to them months ago when i was in desperate need of a job - but i never heard anything back.

When they spoke to me, we talked about me possibly becoming one of the editors of the magazine. I more than jumped to the opportunity.

Cassidy gave me extra money to buy some fancy clothes for the interview and a paid day-off. When i told Harry he was more than ecstatic for me. I haven't spoken to him in a couple days, i know he's busy.

   "Hey miss editor."

I saw Harry's eyes glisten over skype as i answered his video chat.  "I'm getting ready so keep talking." I laugh putting my heels on.

   "Excited?"

"Very. And nervous. But it's a great thing for me, so i'm not going to let nerves take over."

   "That's my girl."

I smile picking up my make-up bag and sitting at my vanity table resting my phone against a book so he can see me.

"How was the kids awards show thing?" I ask totally forgetting the name of the event him and the boys attended last night.

Harry laughs. "Teen choice awards. Um..good."

I frown. "Just good? Normally you're pumped about these shows."

   "It was cool, we won 3 surf boards."

I smile proudly.

   "Look, Charlotte i need to talk to you about something-"

I look at my watch and my eyes bug. "I've got to go, my phone has the wrong time - shoot!" I gasp grabbing my bag and then my phone. "Harry i really need to go, speak later? Bye." I blow him a kiss before exiting the skype call and throwing it in my bag as i rush out of the door.

~ ~

The meeting went..amazingly. They gave me the job and said i start Monday. I immediately texted Harry about how well it went before ringing Cassidy and explaining how i don't need my book shop job anymore.

I smiled as i walked down Oxford Street, often stopping to look in a shop window or two. I walked to the nearest food supermarket, and decided to buy some food in - it is about time i do that.

As i walk past the gossip magazine section my eyes can't help but notice a couple of the covers of the magazines.

In some of them i see Harry with a famous blonde girl. Her blue eyes dominating the camera, as her famously long legs compliment her obviously expensive dress. I picked up every magazine with Harry and her on and placed them in my basket.

Once i got home, i put the food away and made myself a warm mug of tea, i sat down with the several magazines and began reading. Each article about how they were seen flirting and playfully laughing. The photos piercing my heart.    "Look, Charlotte i need to talk to you about something" The words replayed in my head. Maybe he's going to break up with me. Maybe that's why we haven't spoken as much this week. Maybe he's found someone better.

I don't blame him. She's a multi-millionaire woman. She's older than me, prettier than me. She's everything i could never be.

After sighing heavily i decide to throw away the magazines and run myself a hot bubble bath accompanied with a nice glass of wine.