Chapter 3.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=94191919

Now.

Charlotte's POV.

I'd spent the morning checking orders and deliveries. One of my least favourite things to do at the book shop. I don't complain, without this job i wouldn't survive, so i work as hard as i can as much as i can to keep myself afloat and able to make payments.

Cassidy arrived around noon, i'd already been working 5 hours by then - yet again, i don't complain; she's the manager, if she wants to be late then i guess she can be.

Cassidy is my only friend. I say 'friend' but we don't socialise outside of the shop. I can talk to her and trust her with things - but she doesn't know everything about me, no one does.

Cassidy is considerably older than me, she's 37 and has a husband and a daughter who is 13. Her life always seems to be this fairytale - perfect.

                      Just like mine 4 years ago.

Around 3pm Cassidy left again, she didn't say where she was going she just shouted to me that she was heading out and maybe see me later.

I'd just served a customer and was writing up an order that they had placed - one of the books they wanted was currently out of stock.

The shop's bell rang and i looked up to see a tall figure with slight curls walk in. He looked up and over to me with slight smile on his face.

    I wasn't sure what to do.

Harry Styles was in my shop - Cassidy's shop.

      Harry Styles. 

The biggest teenage heart throb. Instead of dwelling on whether i should smile back or not i looked back down to carry on writing up the order form.

As i finished i felt a figure stand infront of the till desk. I looked up to see Harry Styles smiling - yet again.

  "Sorry to be a bother, i was looking for a book."

I placed my pen down. "You're not a bother. I'm paid to help. What book are you looking for?"

He smiled. "It's called 14,000 things to be happy about, by Barbara Ann Kipfer?"

I nodded. "It's a popular choice." I walked round the desk and walked straight to the 'K' section of the book shelf. I looked and looked but noticed we'd ran out. "Oh." I frowned standing up. "I'm ever so sorry, for some reason i've missed this book on the 'need to order' list, i can order you one in?" I spoke walking back to the desk.

  "Er, if it's no trouble."

I smiled a little. "Of course not."

Once i wrote up the order i looked up to him. "Anything else?"

 He looked in thought. "Not that i can think of.."

I nodded going to pick up a pile of books that needed to be put away. 

   "Er-how about i take you out? After you finish your shift?" He spoke from behind me. 

I stopped in my tracks and turned to look over my shoulder at him. "No, thank you."

He frowned.

"I don't do dates. And i'm sure your millions of fans wouldn't appreciate seeing you with me."

   "You know who i am?"

 "Who doesn't? There are at least 5 books on you in our teen section."

I heard his footsteps behind me following me. I placed the books on the stool next to me before i began putting them away.

    "Sorry, you didn't seem to show that you knew me.."

"Well i do know."

He nodded.

"Was there anything else?" I asked placing another book away.

He shook his head. "No thanks.." He looked at me in hopes of finding out my name.

I looked at him. "Charlotte."

He smiled. "Charlotte."

I liked the way my name sounded from his lips, the way he pronounced every sound there was clearly.

   "See you around."

I watched as he left the book store, tightening his long navy blue jacket around him as he took on the cold english weather. "Yeah." I whispered.