Chapter 30.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=99407033

Charlotte's POV.

   "You okay babe?"

I smiled down the laptop. "Fine. I've finished getting ready for the party, how do i look?" I ask standing up and twirling. I'd decided on a black cord pinafore dress with a cute daisy crop top, some burgundy cut out shoes and a little bag to accessorize. I didn't want to 'dress up' as such - it's only Louis' party, and the one person i want to impress is across the Atlantic.

   "Beautiful. Wish i was there." He smiled sadly.

"I'm only going to go so i don't spend another year watching films eating chips and drinking myself into oblivion." I chuckle.

I watch his face fall serious. "Have you eaten today?"

I rub my arm nervously.

   "Charlotte.."

"I had breakfast.."

   "And then what for lunch..dinner..late snack?"

I lowered my eyes. "Erm-nothing."

   "Why?" His voice deep.

"I..forgot."

   "How can you forget?"

I shrug. "I just did, okay?"     He isn't my dad.God.

   "Do you need money.. is that what it is?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine."

   "You're having money issues aren't you?"

I shook my head once again.

      Yes, i have a new amazing well paid job, but living in london and keeping up with paying for things isn't easy, it's not just rent - it's water,electricity,food,clothes,transport money e.t.c. Yes i may be going through some..troubles, but i'm not going to tell Harry about them. It's my flat, my bills,my problems.

"I'm fine Harry, okay? I don't need you worrying, i'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."

He nodded. "I know, i'm sorry. I just..worry about you."

"You don't have to."

He smiles. "I know you want to go, skype tomorrow?"

I nod smiling again. "Skype tomorrow. Happy new year."

   "Happy new year.

We both kissed the screen before i exited skype. I smiled at my laptop wallpaper. It's a photo of Harry and I quite a while ago, we were cuddling and i felt like taking a photo of us. In the photo i'm smiling while he kisses my cheek.

I shut my laptop down before letting Eleanor know i was on my way.

Eleanor: Great! Can't wait to see you! Xx

Harry's POV.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=99413060

I was stood in the middle of Times Square with the one girl i didn't want to be with.

        Especially tonight.

It'll all over soon. I hope.

The clock was counting down, we stood close together - my arms around her waist, her arms around my neck.

     We looked believable enough.

It wasn't anything specifically about her that i disliked as such, she was dressed sweetly; a long grey coat,burgundy jumper,jeans and brown brogues. It wasn't anything personal towards her.

     She just isn't Charlotte.

The crowd were counting down. Security surrounded us, fans and paps were trying to get as many photos of us as possible.

I listened to everyone chant. I knew what i had to do at midnight. There would be photos and videos all over twitter and youtube. I know this, Charlotte knows this - and as long as she knows that the only person i want to be with is her, we'll be okay.

   I can't help but worry.

Once it reaches midnight and the ball drops i lean in to her, we kiss for a few seconds before i pull back, she pulls me into a hug and i feel her lean into my neck. "It's nearly over." She whispers.

I faintly nod before pulling away slightly.

Charlotte's POV.

   "No Hazza?" Liam frowns noticing me sitting outside on Louis' balcony alone. I'd enjoyed the party, i got to meet new people, and make new friends. I'd introduced myself as a friend of the band. I knew better than to say 'I'm secretly dating Harry Styles who is currently five thousand miles away kissing someone else in the middle of New York'.

"No, he's in New York." I smiled taking a sip of my drink. I'd drank pepsi all night, i wasn't in the mood for alcohol afterall.

   "New York?! Why is he-" Liam's face changed in realisation. "Oh."

I nodded. "Yeah."

   "You shouldn't let that ruin your night, it's new years." He said nudging me.

I smiled. "It hasn't ruined my night..it's just not the same. I want to be with him, be able to hold his arm,or take hold of his hand when someone i don't really know asks me question after question. But when i think about this, i ask myself 'have i become too attached to him?'" I sigh.

Liam smiles sadly. "You haven't 'become attached'. He's your boyfriend. He should be here..with you,holding your hand,kissing you at midnight."

"But he's not."

   "There's always next year."

I blushed. I never really thought about the future. Where i'd be in a years time, or 5 years time. Would i still be with Harry? Or would i have a different life?

"Who knows the future?" I ask drinking more of my drink.

   "No one." Liam sighed.

I placed my drink down. "Let's head inside? I'm cold and I'm sure Danielle is looking for you."

He chuckles as we headed back inside, this time my arm linked in his.

Harry's POV.

After leaving Times Square the two of us were invited to a party not too far away. I thought about heading back to the hotel, but she insisted we go and at least 'check it out'.

I saw a couple people i knew, i stood and spoke to them for a few minutes at a time, talking about the band,what we're doing next and my favourite topic of conversation: golf.

      Introducing her as my girlfriend felt weird. Charlotte's name ran through my head as my mouth spoke hers.

Once we were back at our hotel, i walked her to her door, simply because it was the gentleman thing to do. I kissed her cheek goodnight before turning. Her hand caught my elbow.

   "Come inside for a drink?" She asked opening the door.

"It's a little late.."

   "Just one drink, that's all."

I nodded walking in and closing the door but before i knew it - i was pressed up against it.

   "I think we should celebrate the new year and the fact this deal will be off soon."

I stood unsure of what to do. Her arms pressing me against the door as her lips grazed my neck. "I.."

   "It'll be meaningless..but so worth it." She said trailing her hand to my jeans. "Just one night Harry. Forget your troubles, forget her." She whispered feeling me through my jeans and applying pressure as she kissed my jaw. I felt myself moan, but i knew i had to stop - the pressure just felt too good.