Chapter 15.

1st March 2010 - Then.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=96279852

Charlotte's POV.

It happened again, and again. The first time i tried my hardest to stop him. I cried,i screamed,i even tried to kick him. But i learnt the more i fight it the rougher he is, and the worse off my bruises become.

I missed school, lying to my mum saying i had a bug and locked myself away. I haven't eaten for a few days - but i don't mind, i kind of like the feeling of emptiness - being in control of myself.

      My friends hadn't bothered to call or text me, i guess i didn't have any of those anymore. And as for Oscar? He made it pretty clear the last time i saw him what the situation between us was.

Everyone hates me, and i didn't do anything wrong.

   "Honey." I hear my mum as she taps gently on my door. "I've made dinner."

"I'm not hungry."

   "I made the chicken you like." I could hear the strain in her voice, she was trying not to cry. "Y-you haven't eaten in days, you'll waste away." I heard her whisper as she lent against my door.

"I'm not hungry." I turned over in bed and lay there lifelessly.

      I didn't want to do anything - didn't she get that?

   "What's wrong with her?" I heard my dad ask softly.

  "She won't eat."

    "Honey, come on." I heard my dad sigh as he knocked on my door gently - the polar opposite to how he handled me a couple of days ago.

His voice shot chills through my body. My spine became rigid as my hands shook.

"I'm fine." I spoke back gripping my bed tightly. "I'm fine." I whispered.

I didn't know how to shake this off. Is this how i'll spend my entire life? Cooped up in my room scared of everyone?

      I can't live like this, can i? Sooner or later i'm going to need to eat, and buy new clothes, and go to a family party. Or will i forever be a prisoner?

   The truth is; i'm my own prisoner.

I sat up, all night.

I thought of solutions.

And there was one screaming at me: I need to get away.

    As far as possible. Away from this hell hole, away from my 'friends',away from my dad, away from my oblivious mum.

     I need to get away before i hurt myself even more than i already have.