Chapter 9.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=94792845

Now.

Charlotte's POV.

I had just finished work when it started to rain. I rolled my eyes as i looked in my purse for some change for the bus.

     Surprise, surprise i have no money.

Walking home it is.

My flat is quite a few miles from work, but walking is good exercise right? Right.

I walked and walked letting the rain hammer down on me, my hood was useless, and i'd forgotten my umbrella.

     Such a fabulous day for me.

The rain kept coming down faster and faster, i then heard thunder. Thunder is one of my greatest fears - it freaks the hell out of me.

    As i heard it again, i let out a whimper and a tiny tear rolled down my cheek. Someone please help me.

As i was about to cross the road a car pulled up and the window came down. "Charlotte!" A voice called.

I looked over to see Harry. I waved. "Hi."

  "Come on! Get it!"

I shook my head. "I''m fine walking."

He beeped his horn. "Charlotte, get in!"

I thought about it before i heard another crash of thunder. I quickly walked over to his black range rover and sat in, the warmth immediately hitting me and the smell of apples and cinnamon arousing my nose.

"Um, thanks."

  "Where do you live?"

I told him my address but his face twisted. "That's too far to drive in this weather condition, it's going to start becoming hazardous. I'll take you to mine, then when it's calm i'll drive you home, promise."

I looked up at him. "You promise?"

He nodded. "Promise."

We drove for about 5 minutes until a large gate opened for us, his house was..unbelievable.

He drove onto his drive which was white stone gravel. "You live here, alone?" I asked in awe.

He shrugged. "Yeah, but i have people stay a lot."

I gulped. "Are people staying now?"

He shook his head. "I'm completely alone at the moment." He got out of the car and made his way to his door.

I sighed in relief, the last thing i wanted was to try and pretend to be sociable around more famous people.

Once inside, Harry sat me down on his sofa and offered me a drink, i asked for tea which to my surprise he made. I was expecting 50 maids to be running around, but he simply smiled and commented "Like i said,i'm completely alone."

Harry went and changed into some clothes and handed me a change of clothes which happened to be some grey jogging bottoms and a ramones top. "Thank you," I smiled holding the clothes. "Where do i change?" I asked. He pointed me towards the guest room.

Harry's POV.

          I didn't know what to say to Charlotte.

She was sat in the corner of the sofa, her legs tucked underneath her as she held the mug of tea with both hands.

   Her tiny frame so fragile.

She'd taken her hair out of the plait it was in and let it flow over her shoulders and down past her protruding collar bones.

  She'd rarely look up from her mug, and when she did it was to look at the television that was showing some reality show. Whenever we made eye contact she'd smile only the slightest, you'd have to pay attention because it would quickly disappear before she looked down back at her mug, finding interest in the patterns on it and tracing them with her nimble fingers.

"Do you want something to eat?"

   "Oh-er i don't mind."

"So, yes?"

   "Are you eating?" She asked quietly.

I nodded. "I could eat a horse. What do you like?"

She shrugged. "Whatever really. I'm not fussy." She smiled placing her mug on the coffee table.

I quickly picked up her mug as well as mine and took them into the kitchen before returning to see her laying her head on the cushion. I smiled liking the fact she felt comfortable enough to lie down. I have this feeling that she's so vulnerable, she seems so alone.

"I can make lasagne, or we could order in."

  "Lasagnas good." She sat up slightly. "Sorry.."

I shook my head. "Don't worry, lie down, fall asleep,do whatever. Make yourself at home." I smiled walking back into the kitchen.

I took the lasagna out of the freezer and placed it into the oven setting the timer to go off in 45 minutes.

"The lasagne should be done at around-" I stopped speaking as i saw that Charlotte had in fact fallen fast to sleep. I smiled taking a thick blanket and laying it across her sleeping form, quickly kissing her forehead before returning to the kitchen.