Niklaus Mikaelson x Art thief!Reader

You grinned as the sky light clicked open without the alarm going off. You jumped in allowing your athletic abilities to land on your feet softly. Your slightly heeled boots clicked on the floor slightly. You were an art thief, working for yourself and profit. Stealing art to pay for your life. This small gallery wasn't worth stealing from in retrospect, but truth be told you had a massive crush on the artist who displayed his works here. Klaus Mikaelson. He was also a regular at the bar you worked in the bar across the street. He didn't know you were a world renowned art thief who cased the gallery's months in advance. At least you thought he didn't. You didn't know he was an Original. A vampire and a werewolf.

Klaus watched as you walked quietly with purpose towards a landscape he had painted. It was one of his favourites, he had painted one afternoon while he was overlooking a lake with storm clouds brewing in the distance. He loved the contrast between the light and beauty of the lake to the dark, foreboding storm clouds moving slowly over the lake. He had known you were the art thief as he had watched you steal your first art work to pay off student loans. He slipped behind you catching you by the waist. Turning you so your back was against the wall. A gasp slipped from your lips as you faced the murderous Original. Klaus watched as your eyes widened and yet you said nothing.

He moved his face closer to your own. You could feel his hot breath ghost over your lips. Your eyes closed slightly before opening back up. Klaus' eyes flicked down to your rosy slightly shaking lips before smirking and moving up once again to your eyes. Without you noticing he had slipped his artwork from your hands and placed it on the table beside you. Still Klaus moved closer to you. You pushed yourself further into the wall. One hand found your waist, his thumb pressed delicately against the skin underneath your black top. The other pushed your head back to look at him while moving your H/L H/C hair over your ear. Carding your H/C hair through his fingers, your eyes followed his. Klaus' eyes looked over your face taking in every small detail. Klaus moved his lips closer to yours, he tilted your head up slightly enough to close the distance by a few more inches, but leaving some space between you. Angling your head so your eyes were level, he looked deep into your eyes. Despite his internal monologue screaming at him to not do this, to not let you go. He compelled you to forget, forget him, forget your life as an art thief, forget your life in New Orleans and to move away. Klaus looked at you with pain filled eyes before he let you go and you walked away, your slightly heeled boots clicking on the floor. The door clicked shut behind and Klaus felt his heart break.