Danny Messer x Lab tech!Reader

Danny flicked the tickets between his fingers, he paced the office he shared. He turned again whacking into Stella, his eyes widened. "What are you doing?"

"He's trying to ask Y/N out to the Donor's Ball," Hawkes added as he walked into the office. "Oh, good, finally." Stella breathed out. "What are you waiting for then?"

"He's nervous. Thinks she'll say no." Sheldon smirked. "What are we talking about?" Adam entered test results in his hands. "Danny's crush on Y/N. He keeps mooning about her." Adam turned back to the results, "Well it's good to know that it's not one-sided, I mean she keeps mooning over him too." The loud silence echoed and Adam raised his head. "I didn't say that, oh god she'll kill me, please don't tell her I told you. I...I..."

"Adam!" Stella shouted. "Danny won't say anything because if he does, I'll kill him, okay?" Adam nodded his head quickly. "Danny ask the girl out. Adam breathe. Back to work Sheldon." Everyone moved off expect Danny who only moved when Stella smacked the back his head.

Danny moved over to your workstation. "Hey, do you want to go to the Donor's ball with me?" You stared open-mouthed at him. "Yes...yes." You stuttered out. He grinned at you. "What time do you want me to pick you up?"

"7." He nodded and leaned forward kissing your cheek softly. "See you then."

---Later at the ball---

Danny watched as you moved back towards him, your dressing swaying softly around your ankles. He grinned at you. "Hey." His hands slipped into yours. "Hey." He pulled you close, one hand on your hip the other tangling with yours as you swayed to the music. Danny moved closer smelling the lavender that came from your hair and skin. He grinned to himself happy that he had asked you to go with him. Now all he had to do was ask you on a date.